Sheryl J. Dennis
Top rated Estate Planning & Probate attorney in Wellesley, MassachusettsFields and Dennis LLP
Sheryl J. Dennis is a highly experienced Wellesley, Massachusetts, attorney who practices family law, estate planning and probate law. A founding partner at the law firm Fields and Dennis, LLP, she serves clients in Wellesley, Boston and the surrounding areas.
An experienced litigator, Ms. Dennis is highly skilled at courtroom argument, cross-examination techniques and closing statements. She is also experienced with out-of-court negotiation and alternative dispute resolution methods such as mediation and arbitration. She is equally skilled when representing clients in legal matters that do not involve disputes, such as estate plans for families and succession plans for small businesses.
Ms. Dennis earned her bachelor's degree from Methodist University in North Carolina and her law degree from the New England School of Law, where she graduated with honors. She also holds a Master of Laws degree in estate planning and elder law from Western New England University School of Law. She is admitted to practice in all Massachusetts state courts, the United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts and the U.S. Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims.
Recognized for her experience and knowledge, Ms. Dennis has been called upon to speak at conferences hosted by the Massachusetts Council on Family Mediation, Boston Bar Association and other organizations. She has also appeared as a guest on a highly rated radio program in the Boston area and has been featured in publications such as Mass Realty and Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly. She enjoys sharing her legal knowledge through blogging and social media platforms.
Active in professional organizations, Ms. Dennis is a member of professional organizations including the Academy of Special Needs Planners, ElderCounsel and WealthCounsel, L.L.C.
Practice areasEstate Planning & Probate, Family Law, Estate & Trust Litigation
Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Estate Planning, Guardianships & Conservatorships, Living Wills, Marital Property, Mediation & Collaborative Law, Name Change, Paternity, Power of Attorney, Prenuptial Agreements, Probate & Estate Administration, Trusts, Will Contests, Wills
- 50% Estate Planning & Probate
- 30% Family Law
- 20% Estate & Trust Litigation
First Admitted: 1990, Massachusetts
Professional Webpage: https://www.fieldsdennis.com/attorney-dennis
- Massachusetts Bar Association, 1990
- American Bar Association, 2017
- United States Court of Appeals for Veteran’s Claims
- Appeared on Boston’s highest rated radio morning show, “Matty in the Morning,” on KISS-108 FM, to discuss prenuptial agreements
- Academy of Special Needs Planners, Member
- The National Association of Parent Coordinators
- The Massachusetts Council on Family Mediation
- Principal in the Center for Problem Resolution, Inc.
- Featured speaker at the annual 2007 Fall Conference of the Massachusetts Council for Family Mediation on the subject of prenuptial agreements along with partner Jonathan Fields
- Guest Speaker, Gray Divorce, Boston Bar Association, 2017
- Methodist College, B.A., Political Science and Chemistry, 1976
- Western New England College School of Law, LL.M., Estate Planning and Elder Law, 2009
- Attorney Dennis speaks on the importance of estate planning in this short video. She touches upon multiple facets of estate planning basics, including Special Needs Trusts., Sheryl Dennis on Estate Planning, 2013
- Quoted in the March 12th issue of Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly, 2015
Office location for Sheryl J. Dennis
80 William Street
Wellesley, MA 02481
- Super Lawyers: 2015 - 2023