Stephen N. Wilchins
Top rated estate planning & probate attorney in Wellesley, MassachusettsWilchins Cosentino & Novins LLP
Stephen N. Wilchins is the founding partner of Wilchins Cosentino & Novins LLP, located in Wellesley, Massachusetts. Focusing his practice on high net worth individuals’ estate planning, real estate law, and business and corporate law matters, he has experience with cases involving:
- Business succession planning
- Trust and estate planning
- Tax planning
- Family office services
- Fiduciary services
- Estate and trust administration
- Charitable planned giving
- Asset protection planning
With more than four decades of experience practicing law, Mr. Wilchins is licensed to practice in Massachusetts and New Hampshire. He is a certified public accountant (CPA) as well as an accredited estate planner, accredited by the National Association of Estate Planners & Councils. He is also well known for the sound, practicable and knowledgeable counsel he provides for business owners.
Receiving his bachelor’s degree from the Fairleigh Dickinson University, Mr. Wilchins obtained his Juris Doctor degree from the Suffolk University Law School. With an “Excellent” rating on Avvo, he is a fierce and zealous advocate for his clients’ rights and has an unwavering commitment to their best interests and needs. He strives to help his clients achieve their goals in the most efficient and cost-effective manner possible.
Mr. Wilchins has memberships in renowned legal associations, including serving as president of the Family Firm Institute, Inc.’s New England Chapter and president of the Kernwood Country Club. He is a member of the board of directors at the Boston Estate Planning Council and Boston University Medical Center. He is also a member of The University Club of Boston and the Suffolk University Dean’s Cabinet.
Recognized for his impeccable legal ability and ethical standards, Mr. Wilchins is AV Preeminent peer-review rated,* the highest rating, through Martindale-Hubbell. The Robb Report and Worth magazine named him to the list of Top Trust & Estate Attorneys in the United States and The Wall Street Journal named him to its Best Lawyers in New England list. He was also named to The Best Lawyers in America list in the area of estate planning.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer-review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasEstate planning & probate, Business/corporate, Real estate: business
Estate planning, Business formation and planning, Business organizations, Landlord/tenant
- 70% Estate planning & probate
- 20% Business/corporate
- 10% Real estate: business
First Admitted: 1982, Massachusetts
Professional Webpage: http://wcnllp.com/attorneys/stephen-n-wilchins
- President, Kernwood Country Club and member Board of Governors
- President, Trinity Place Condominiums and Board of Trustees
- Member, Dean’s Cabinet, Suffolk University
- Member of The University Club, Boston, and member, Scholarship Committee
- AV Preeminent® Rating – Highest Possible Rating in Both Legal Ability & Ethical Standards by Martindale-Hubbell®
- The Best Lawyers in America – Estate Planning, 2012 – 2021
- The Wall Street Journal, Best Lawyers in New England
- Massachusetts Super Lawyer in Estate Planning, Boston Magazine
- Top Trust & Estate Attorneys in the United States, The Robb Report and Worth Magazine
- Dividing Trust Assets in a Divorce: A Massachusetts Case’s Major Impact
- Certified Public Accountant
- National Association of Estate Planners & Councils, Accredited Estate Planner
- Board of Directors and Chair of the Audit Committee, Boston University Medical Center
- Board of Directors, Boston Estate Planning Council
- President, New England Chapter, Family Firm Institute, Inc.
- New Hampshire
Office location for Stephen N. Wilchins
20 William Street
Wellesley, MA 02481
- Super Lawyers: 2004 - 2005, 2010 - 2022