Attorney Laurel A. Barraco is co-owner of Callahan Barraco, Inman & Bonzagni, P.C., law firm, which has law offices throughout Massachusetts, Rhode Island and New Hampshire. A top-rated lawyer with more than eight years of legal experience, Ms. Barraco focuses her practice almost exclusively on family law, and she provides invaluable guidance and support to clients throughout the greater Boston metro and surrounding areas of eastern Massachusetts who have legal needs involving any of the following:
· Complex and high-assets divorces
· Child custody and support
· Domestic violence and restraining orders
· Business valuations and tax law
· Other domestic relations issues
A breast cancer survivor, Attorney Barraco has a full appreciation for looking toward the future and not becoming bogged down in emotions and self-pity. Her battle against cancer has helped her remain undaunted in the face of serious life challenges, and she has a steady resolve to work through issues with a cool head and a focus on results.
Attorney Barraco incorporates these virtues into her practice to help her clients through what is a very difficult and uncertain time in their lives with confidence, and she encourages her clients to take an active role in the decisions that will affect them and their families for years to come. As such, she has achieved considerable success representing her clients with all aspects of their divorces, and she has earned a number of awards and honors for her outstanding professionalism and service.
Among her most notable accolades, Attorney Barraco received the Excellence in the Law Award – Up & Coming Lawyers from Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly as well as consistent top rankings and endorsements from her peers. She has also received excellent client ratings on Avvo along with the site's Top Contributor award, and she has received perennial 10 Best and 10 Best Female Attorney Awards from the American Institute of Family Law Attorneys.
A 2006 graduate of Northeastern University, Attorney Barraco obtained her Juris Doctor from New England School of Law in 2011. She is an active member of the Boston Bar Association Council as well as other local, state and national legal organizations, and she has published articles and conducted lectures and seminars across her region on a variety of legal topics related to divorce and family law.
Practice areasFamily law
Adoption, Alimony & spousal support, Child support, Custody & visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Name change, Paternity, Prenuptial agreements, Marital property, Mediation & collaborative law, Same sex family law, Father's rights
- 100% Family law
First Admitted: 2011, Massachusetts
Professional Webpage: https://www.callahanbarraco.com/attorney/barraco-laurel-a/
- Donation of teddy bears to the Worcester Probate and Family Court adoption program (over 400 bears donated). Bears are given to each adopted child so they have a "forever" bear to go with their new "forever" family. Parent in Need - Each year during the holidays, and Mother's Day/Father's Day we choose a Mother and Father who have fallen on hard times and are going through a difficult custody case. We provide gift cards to them and their family for help with food or other necessary items and toys for the children during the holidays. Worcester County Food Bank - Holiday food donations by Callahan, Barraco, Inman & Bonzagni, P.C. ARC counsel - I represent the interests of affected children in family law cases on a pro bono basis through the ARC program. I currently represent three separate children.
- Worcester County Bar Association Massachusetts Bar Association, 2020
- Massachusetts Bar Association, 2020
- Northeastern University, Boston, Massachusetts
- Certified as an ARC counsel (Attorney Representing Children)
- Excellence in the Law - 2020, MA Lawyers Weekly Up and Coming Lawyer, MA Lawyers Weekly, 2020
- , Super Lawyers Rising Star, Super Lawyers, 2021
- , Super Lawyers Rising Star, Super Lawyers, 2020
Office location for Laurel A. Barraco
1700 West Park Drive
Westborough, MA 01581
- Rising Stars: 2020 - 2022