Christopher John Sullivan
Top Rated Civil Litigation Attorney in Woburn, MA
Attorney Christopher John Sullivan is the principal and managing member of Sullivan & Associates, LLC, in Woburn, Massachusetts. A top-rated trial attorney with more than 34 years of total legal experience, Mr. Sullivan focuses his practice primarily on defending the rights and interests of insurance providers, policy holders and other key stakeholders against a variety of claims involving negligence, intentional torts, breaches of contract and other civil disputes.
A veteran of more than 100 jury trials, Mr. Sullivan has achieved considerable success defending his clients in state and federal courts across his region, and he has successfully handled numerous arbitrations along with insurance subrogation, bad faith claims, workers' compensation claims and more. His client base has ranged from insurance companies to municipalities, school districts and other entities, and he has saved his clients millions of dollars in potential damage claims.
A leader in his field, Mr. Sullivan has conducted extensive research and drafted opinions regarding policy and statutory interpretations along with indemnification and subrogation issues. He has also conducted numerous seminars on a variety of topics related to insurance law matters, and he has contributed to various reference materials, including the Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Claims Handbook, the Overview of Massachusetts Motor Vehicle Law and the Overview of Massachusetts Product Liability Law.
Along with civil, insurance and tortious claims defense, Mr. Sullivan has significant experience litigating matters involving real estate disputes, construction contract breaches, mechanic's liens, land use and zoning issues, and legal matters affecting homeowner and condominium associations.
A 1983 graduate of Trinity College in Hartford, Connecticut, Mr. Sullivan obtained his Juris Doctor from Catholic University of America Law School in 1986. He is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 1st Circuit. He is also an active member of the Massachusetts and Boston Bar Associations, the American Board of Trial Advocates, the Defense Research Institute and the Adjusters Roundtable of Boston.
He also volunteers his time and services with the Volunteer Lawyers Project and the Law Day Planning Committee for Lawyers in the Classroom, and he is highly active with various civic and charitable organizations in his community, including the Citizens Alliance for Responsible Development, the Saint Mary’s of the Annunciation Parish Council, the Portsmouth Abbey School, Melrose Youth Hockey and the Incarnation Youth Baseball League.
About Christopher John Sullivan
First Admitted: 1986, Massachusetts
Professional Webpage: http://www.sullivanlitigation.com/attorneys/christopher-john...
- An Overview of Massachusetts Product Liability Law, An Overview of Massachusetts Motor Vehicle Law – Summary of Law and Strategy and Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Claims Handbook
Pro bono/Community Service
- Portsmouth Abbey School, Class Reunion and Annual Fund Agent
- Portsmouth Abbey School, Parent Annual Fund Chair
- Incarnation Youth Baseball League
- Melrose Youth Hockey
- Saint Mary’s of the Annunciation Parish Council
- Co Founder of Citizens Alliance for Responsible Development, Melrose MA
- Law Day Planning Committee for Lawyers in the Classroom
- Volunteer Lawyers Project
- Defense Research Institute
- Adjusters Roundtable of Boston
- United States District Court for the District of Mass., 1997
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Boston Bar Association
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 1986
- United States Court of Appeals, First Circuit, 1989
- Participated in the Essex County Bar Association Mediation/Conciliation Program conciliating and mediating litigation matters in the District Court, 2014
- Participated as judge in the Massachusetts Bar Association Mock Trial Program in multiple rounds of high school state tournament competitions, 2015
- Trinity College, Hartford, Connecticut, B.A., 1983
- Acadia Insurance CompanyAlliance Laundry Systems, LLCArrowpoint Capital CorporationAtamian Volkswagen, Inc.Atlantic Mutual Insurance CompanyBaker Tractor Company, Inc.Bobcat of Boston, Inc.Boston Old Colony Insurance CompanyBoston Towing & Transportation Co., Inc.Bradford Trailers, Inc.Christmas Tree Shops, Inc.C.N. Wood Company, Inc.Copeland Toyota, Inc.Dairyland Insurance CompanyDartmouth Dodge, Inc.DeSantis ChevroletEJT Management Company, Inc.Equipment and Systems for Industry, Inc.Federated Insurance CompanyGrava Chrysler of Medford, Inc.Hanover Insurance GroupHonda Cars of Boston, Inc.Land Transportation, LLCLiberty Chevrolet, Inc.Liberty Mutual Insurance GroupM.J. Daly & Sons, Inc.Middlesex Insurance CompanyNew England Industrial Truck, Inc.Newly Weds Foods, Inc.Panera Bread CompanyPoirier’s Buick, Inc.Reebok International, Ltd.Rich Products CorporationSalem Place Condominium AssociationSchmidt Equipment, Inc.Sentry Insurance, A Mutual CompanyStoneham Motor Company, Inc.The Travelers CompaniesUtica National Insurance GroupZurich North America, 2013
Last Updated: 5/15/2022