Philip E. Murray, Jr.
Top Rated Medical Malpractice Attorney in Woburn, MA
Philip E. Murray, Jr., is an attorney at Murray & Bertrand, P.C., in Woburn, Massachusetts. Mr. Murray focuses his practice on medical malpractice defense and civil litigation, and serves clients in Middlesex County, the Greater Boston metropolitan region and throughout the state of Massachusetts.
Mr. Murray has more than 40 years of experience. He is committed to his clients and consistently provides dedicated representation. Over the course of his career, he has successfully litigated and settled numerous cases in the area of medical malpractice defense and civil litigation.
The recipient of recognition for his accomplishments in the legal field, Mr. Murray is AV Preeminent* peer review-rated by the respected organization Martindale-Hubbell. He is listed in the publication “The Best Lawyers in America” and a fellow of the Massachusetts Bar Foundation.
In addition to his law practice, Mr. Murray is actively involved in his legal community. He is a member of the Massachusetts Bar Association and belongs to the association’s Civil Litigation Section. He is a former member of the hearing committee and a pro bono/reduced fee panel member for the Supreme Judicial Court’s Board of Bar Overseers.
Mr. Murray graduated cum laude from Boston College with a bachelor’s degree. He received his law degree from Boston College Law School and was a member and editor of the Boston College Law Review. He holds an active license in Massachusetts, as well as before the U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 1st, 2nd, and 4th Circuits and the Supreme Court of the United States.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
About Philip E. Murray, Jr.
First Admitted: 1975, Massachusetts
Professional Webpage: https://www.mkblegal.com/Our-Firm/Philip-E-Murray-Jr.shtml
Pro bono/Community Service
- Board of Bar Overseers of the Supreme Judicial Court, Pro Bono/Reduced Fee Panel Member
- Hearing Committee Member, Massachusetts Bar Foundation
- Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Member, Massachusetts Bar Association (Civil Litigation Section); Fellow, Massachusetts Bar Foundation
- Boston College Law Review, Staff Member and Editor, Boston College Law School
- U.C.C. Reporter Digest, Editor, Boston College Law School
- Boston College, B.S., Honors: cum laude
- Admitted in Massachusetts, United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts, United States First Circuit Court of Appeals, United States Second Circuit Court of Appeals, and the Supreme Court of the United States
- Editor, Boston College Law Review; Law Clerk to the Justices of the Massachusetts Superior Court; AV Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory; Selected as a Massachusetts/New England Super Lawyer, 2005 - 2018; Listed in The Best Lawyer’s in America; Biographee, Who’s Who in America, Who’s Who in American Law.
Last Updated: 5/15/2022