Angela L. Walker
Top Rated Employment & Labor Attorney in Ann Arbor, MI
Angela L. Walker is an employment and civil rights attorney at Blanchard & Walker PLLC in Ann Arbor, Michigan. Ms. Walker represents employees in a wide range of employment law issues, including accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act, employment contracts, the Family and Medical Leave Act, employee benefits, sex discrimination, and sexual harassment.
For more than a decade, Ms. Walker has been a prominent advocate for Michigan’s disabled community and a protector of the rights of the disabled. In addition, Ms. Walker’s experience includes advising clients on severance packages, employment transitions and licensing, as well as drafting employment handbooks and policies.
Ms. Walker is a member of the Washtenaw County Bar Association Labor and Employment Law Section, the Michigan Employment Lawyers Association, the National Employment Lawyers Association and the Women’s Exchange of Washtenaw. For many years, she has served on the board of the Women Lawyers Association of Michigan Washtenaw.
Using her knowledge and experience to educate others, Ms. Walker has co-authored articles and delivered lectures for the Institute for Continuing Legal Education. She regularly lectures to business owners and community organizations on various employment law subjects.
Ms. Walker earned her law degree from the University of Michigan Law School. She received her license to practice law in 2004, which qualified her to appear before all Michigan state courts.
Before becoming a licensed attorney, Ms. Walker worked for the former State Bar of Michigan Open Justice Commission. She gained her initial legal experience by interning for Legal Services of South Central Michigan, the Public Defender Service for the District of Columbia and the Maya Angelou Public Charter School.
- 50%Employment & Labor: Employee
- 30%Employment Litigation: Plaintiff
- 20%Civil Rights
Employment Law - Employee, Wage & Hour Laws, Whistleblower, Sexual Harassment, Employment Discrimination, Wrongful Termination, Retaliation, Americans with Disabilities Act, Race Discrimination, Disability
- Super Lawyers: 2013 - 2022
About Angela L. Walker
First Admitted: 2004
Professional Webpage: https://bwlawonline.com/attorneys/
Pro bono/Community Service
- Women’s Exchange of Washtenaw
- Board Member, Cancer Support Community of Greater Ann Arbor
- WLAM Washtenaw Region, Board, 2006 to 2011
- Washtenaw County Bar Association’s Employment Law Section
- Michigan Employment Lawyers Association
- National Employment Lawyers Association
- Women Lawyers Association of Michigan
- ICLE’S How-to-Kit on “Appealing a Denial of Unemployment Insurance Benefits"
- Institute for Continuing Legal Education (ICLE)
- Super Lawyers, Michigan, 2013 and 2014
Last Updated: 5/15/2022