Noah S. Hurwitz
Top rated Employment & Labor attorney in Ann Arbor, MichiganHurwitz Law
Practice Areas: Employment & Labor, Business & Corporate; view more
Licensed in Michigan since: 2010
Education: Loyola University Chicago School of Law
Hurwitz Law617 Detroit St
Ann Arbor, MI 48104 Visit website
Noah S. Hurwitz is the owner and an attorney at the law firm of Hurwitz Law PLLC located in Ann Arbor, Michigan. He focuses his practice on matters involving employment law and business law and serves clients in the state of Michigan with over 11 years of experience practicing law.
Mr. Hurwitz has immense experience providing sound counsel on employment agreements, restrictive covenants, discrimination, whistleblowing, wage and hour law, and employee benefits. He also has successfully litigated cases that involve the Fair Labor Standards Act, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Family and Medical Leave Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Obtaining his Bachelor of Arts degree in 2003, Mr. Hurwitz graduated from the James Madison College at Michigan State University. He pursued his legal studies at the Loyola University Chicago School of Law, graduating cum laude and earning his Juris Doctor in 2010. He then interned at the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois and the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana.
Mr. Hurwitz is licensed to practice in Michigan and before the U.S. District Courts for the Western and Eastern Districts of Michigan, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 6th Circuit and the U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois. He serves as a zealous advocate for his clients who are dealing with discrimination and harassment at the workplace and who are going through other workplace-related issues.
An enthusiastic participant in the legal field, Mr. Hurwitz is a member of the American Bar Association and its Labor and Employment Law Section, the Oakland County Bar Association, the Federal Bar Association, the Washtenaw County Bar Association, and the State Bar of Michigan and its Character and Fitness Committee and Civil Litigation Section. He has received a “Good” rating on Avvo.
Practice areasEmployment & Labor: Employee, Business/Corporate
Business Organizations, Employment Law - Employee, Labor Law, Sexual Harassment, Unions, Wage & Hour Laws, Whistleblower
- 70% Employment & Labor: Employee
- 30% Business/Corporate
First Admitted: 2010, Michigan
Professional Webpage: https://www.hurwitzlaw.com/attorney/hurwitz-noah-s/
- Oakland County Bar Association
- U.S. District Court Central District of Illinois, 2021
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit
- Washtenaw County Bar Association
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court Western District of Michigan
- American Bar Association – Section of Labor and Employment Law
- State Bar of Michigan - Character and Fitness Committee; Civil Litigation Section
- Federal Bar Association
- Recognized in Michigan Super Lawyers® as a Super Lawyer for Business Litigation, Employment & Labor, and Civil Litigation Defense, 2022
- Pro Bono Service Award, U. S. District Court Eastern District of Michigan, 2014
- Judge Harold A. Siegan Scholarship Award Recipient, 2009; Decalogue Scholarship Award Recipient, 2009
- Recognized in Michigan Super Lawyers® as a Rising Star for Business Litigation, Employment & Labor, and Civil Litigation Defense, 2013-Present
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award in Advocacy, 2008; CALI Excellence for the Future Award in Legal Writing, 2008
- James Madison College at Michigan State University, B.A. 2003
- Ann Arbor/Ypsilanti Regional Chamber Leadership
Office location for Noah S. Hurwitz
617 Detroit St
Ann Arbor, MI 48104
- Super Lawyers: 2022 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2013 - 2019, 2021