Wendy S. Alton
Top rated Family Law attorney in Ann Arbor, MichiganWendy Alton Family Law & Mediation PLC
Practice Areas: Family Law
Licensed in Michigan since: 2003
Education: Wayne State University Law School
Wendy Alton Family Law & Mediation PLC455 E Eisenhower Pkwy
Ann Arbor, MI 48108 Phone: 734-673-3567 Email: Wendy S. Alton Visit website
Experienced and compassionate attorney empowering clients to creatively resolve family conflict.
Dedicated to empowering clients to make the best decisions they can as they navigate through the emotional, financial, and legal aspects of a divorce. I am a trial attorney, certified collaborative divorce attorney, and certified mediator in Ann Arbor, Michigan. I focus solely in family law, and assist my clients with traditional litigation, negotiated settlements, mediation, arbitration, and collaborative divorce.
I help families with their issues in areas of divorce, custody, parenting time, child support, spousal support, and property division, along with post-judgment issues that arise in those areas. I do this through different processes for divorce such as traditional litigation, negotiated settlements, mediation, arbitration, and collaborative divorce. I also assist with prenuptial agreements, or agreements regarding property prior to getting married.
First Admitted: 2003, Michigan
Professional Webpage: https://wendyaltonlaw.com/family-lawyer-about/
- Member, Women Lawyers Association of Michigan, Washtenaw County section.
- Member, Mediate First Michigan.
- Member, Livonia Bar Association.
- Member, Washtenaw Lawyers Mediators Group.
- Member, International Association of Collaborative Professionals.
- Member, Collaborative Practice Institute of Michigan
- Member, Michigan State Bar, Family Law Section.
- Member, Washtenaw County Bar Association, Family Law Section.
- Wayne State University Law School, Detroit, MichiganJuris Doctor, 2002Recipient, Raymond L. Krell ScholarshipRecipient, Law Scholarship of the State Bar Negligence CouncilUniversity of Michigan-Dearborn, MichiganBachelor of Arts in English, 1998Dual minor in Physics and HistoryRecipient of the State of Michigan Competitive ScholarshipDean's List, 1990-1992, 1995-1997Treasurer of Student Government, 1992-1993
- Member, Board of Governors, University of Michigan-Dearborn CASL Alumni Affiliate, 2008
- Certified as Divorce & Custody Mediator, Mediation Training & Consultation Institute., 2009
- Certified as Collaborative Divorce Practitioner, Collaborative Practice Institute of Michigan. , 2020
- , Clients' Choice Award, AVVO, 2016
- , Clients' Choice Award, AVVO, 2017
- , Clients' Choice Award, AVVO, 2015
- Rising Stars: 2012 - 2013