Dani K. Liblang
Top rated consumer law attorney in Birmingham, MichiganThe Liblang Law Firm, P.C.
As founder and lead partner of The Liblang Law Firm, P.C., Dani K. Liblang is committed to representing clients in Birmingham, Michigan, and the surrounding areas. She focuses her practice on cases involving personal injury, lemon laws and collection harassment. Ms. Liblang also handles matters concerning credit issues, fraud, misrepresentation, probate, estate planning, appeals, employment claims, special research, brief writing and alternative dispute resolution.
After earning a Bachelor of Arts with honors in psychology from Oakland University, Ms. Liblang went on to graduate cum laude with a Juris Doctor from the University of Detroit Mercy School of Law in 1981.
With more than 30 years of experience, Ms. Liblang firmly believes in advocating for people who have been victims of wrongdoing, whether it is a lemon law incident or negligence that causes serious personal injury. Several of her cases have set precedent regarding consumer law in Michigan, providing legal protections for victims who have purchased or experienced defective products.
For Ms. Liblang's successes, the National Board of Legal Specialty Certification has certified her in trial advocacy. She has earned the highest rating possible of AV Preeminent* from Martindale-Hubbell; she holds an Avvo "Superb" rating; and the National Association of Consumer Advocates honored her with the Consumer Hero Award.
A frequent guest on television and radio shows, Ms. Liblang is also sought after as a seminar presenter for a number of legal groups. She is a member of the State Bar of Michigan, the Michigan Association for Justice, the National Association of Consumer Advocates, the National Board of Legal Specialty Certification and the Oakland County Bar Association.
* AV Preeminent and BV Distinguished are certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell ratings fall into two categories: legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasConsumer law, Personal injury - general: plaintiff
Auto dealer fraud, Consumer protection, Fraud, Identity theft, Lemon law, Animal bites, Motor vehicle accidents, Personal injury - plaintiff, Slip and fall, Wrongful death, Brain injury, Trucking accidents
- 60% Consumer law
- 40% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
First Admitted: 1982, Michigan
Professional Webpage: https://lemonlawlawyers.com/dani-liblang/
- State Bar of Michigan
- U.S. District Court, E.D. Michigan
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, W.D., Michigan
- United States Supreme Court
- Oakland County Bar Association
- National Board of Trial Advocacy
- National Association of Consumer Advocates
- Michigan Association for Justice
- Chair, Chair-Elect, Secretary and Treasurer for State Bar of Michigan's Consumer Law Section
- University of Detroit School of Law, J.D., Cum Laude, 1981
- Oakland University, B.A., Psychology, 1979
- Oakland Community College, A.A., Liberal Arts (emphasis on commercial art, photography), 1977
- National Board of Trial Advocacy - Certification as Civil Trial Lawyer, 2002
- Michigan Poverty Law Program, 2010 Roadshow Trainer, Autofraud: Rebuilt Wrecks and Yo-Yo Sales, Ann Arbor, Michigan, 2010
- Michigan Poverty Law Program Training, Auto Fraud: Identifying Consumer Protection Issues in Buying a New or Used Car. , 2022
- Michigan Poverty Law Program Training, Auto Fraud: Identifying Consumer Protection Issues in Buying a New or Used Car. , 2018
- Michigan Poverty Law Program, Consumer Roadshow Training, Used Car Sale: Warranty Issues, Third-Party Warranty/Service Contracts. , 2014
- Michigan Poverty Law Program, Consumer Roadshow Training, Auto Repossession: Notice Requirements, Deficiency Issues. , 2012
- People's Law School, "Lemon Law" and Other Consumer Statutes Relating to Car Buyer's Rights and Remedies, Lansing, Michigan, 2006
- Course Designer, Moderator, Speaker, Consumer Law Essentials, Institute for Continuing Legal Education, 2011
- Successful consumer protection action brought against wedding photographers who absconded with couples' money and wedding photographs., WDIV Channel 4, 2011
- Leaders in the Law, Michigan Lawyers Weekly, 2018
- The Frank J. Kelley Consumer Advocacy Award, named for the state’s long-serving Attorney General, is given by the Section's Council to individuals for extraordinary consumer advocacy., Frank J. Kelly Consumer Advocacy Award, Consumer Law Section of the State Bar of Michigan, 2021
- Notable Women Lawyers, Crain's Detroit Business, 2018
- Consumer Hero Award, National Association of Consumer Advocates, 2002
- Highest"AV" rating from Martindale-Hubbell
Office location for Dani K. Liblang
346 Park Street
Birmingham, MI 48009
- Super Lawyers: 2006 - 2022
Top ListsTop 25: Women Consumer Michigan Super Lawyers: 2016 Top 50: Women Michigan Super Lawyers: 2016
Certificates and credentials
Find me online
- Join me in supporting Richard Bernstein via @actblue https://t.co/BYXAtJNT0a
- I just signed a @theactionnet petition: Tell the FDIC: Stop the Growing Threat of Rent-A-Bank Schemes Now!. Sign he… https://t.co/GRYrzdpWpV
- Join me in supporting Elissa Slotkin via @actblue https://t.co/7WnOIi4sdr and celebrating her victory in getting th… https://t.co/0VKraKIVy3