Mark A. Snover
Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Bloomfield Hills, MI
Mark Snover, a senior partner at The Law Firm of Hauer & Snover, concentrates his practice exclusively on family law, representing men and women throughout Michigan in complex divorce, child and spousal support, child custody and parenting time matters. He also counsels clients regarding the preparation, negotiation, and enforcement of prenuptial and postnuptial agreements, as well as property distributions, business and asset valuations, and division of employee and pension benefits associated with marital dissolution.
Regardless of the setting or the issue, Mark brings superior skill, compassion, understanding, and a deep knowledge of the law to achieve the best possible outcomes for his clients, often collaborating with CPAs, financial advisors, and other professionals to properly address individual client’s needs.
Mark is a frequent author on family law topics. He is the co-author of the "Antenuptial and Postnuptial Agreements" chapter of the Institute of Continuing Legal Education's Michigan Family Law Book 7th Edition, and his "Professor Lex" column is a monthly feature in the Michigan Family Law Journal. His articles – “The Evolution of Marital Agreements in Divorce Cases” and “Equal is Not Necessarily Equitable When Distributing Marital Property” – are two of several works that have appeared in the Michigan Bar Journal.
Mark has also earned the respect of his peers through his contributions to the legal profession. He served on the State Bar of Michigan’s Family Law Council, and he is a Fellow of both the Michigan State Bar Foundation and the Oakland County Bar Foundation.
Because of his accomplishments, Mark has received various honors and awards. He has been named to the annual lists of Best Lawyers in America®, Leading LawyersSM, dbusiness Top Lawyers and Super Lawyers®, and appears in Martindale-Hubbell’s Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers. He was also recognized among the Nationals Advocates’ Top 100 Lawyers, the American Society of Legal Advocates’ Top 100 Lawyers, and the National Association of Distinguished Counsel’s Top One Percent. U.S. News & World Report gave The Law Firm of Hauer & Snover its elite “Best Law Firm” ranking for family law.
Mark earned his Bachelor of Arts from the University of Michigan and his Juris Doctor from the University of Detroit Mercy School of Law.
- 100%Family Law
Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Name Change, Paternity, Prenuptial Agreements, Marital Property, Mediation & Collaborative Law, Same Sex Family Law, Father's Rights
- Super Lawyers: 2017 - 2022
About Mark A. Snover
First Admitted: 1996
Professional Webpage: http://www.hauersnover.com/Attorneys/Mark-A-Snover.shtml
- Shouneyia v Shouneyia, 291 Mich App 318 (2011)
- University of Michigan, L.S.A.
- Author, Authors a monthly column in the Michigan Family Law Journal, 2016
- Michigan Bar Journal, Volume 85 No. 2 February 2006
- Michigan Bar Journal, Volume 87 No. 6 June 2008
- Michigan Bar Journal, Volume 89 No. 7 July 2010
- Michigan Bar Journal, Volume 93 No. 2 February 2014
- Named to the Bar Register of Preeminent Attorneys, 2016
- Leading Lawyer in family law, Selected by peers, 2016
- National Association of Distinguished Counsel's, Top One Percent
- Named to Best Lawyers in America, 2016
- Michigan State Bar Foundation, Fellow, 2016
- Top 100 Lawyers, National Advocates, 2016
- Listed in Martindale Hubbell's Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers
- Named to Best Lawyers in America, 2017
- Fellow of the Oakland County Bar Foundation, 2016
- Selected to the American Society of Legal Advocates, Top 100 Lawyers, 2016
- Oakland County Bar Association, Member, 2018
- State Bar of Michigan, Family Law Council, Member, 2004-2008
- Michigan State bar, Fellow, 2017
- State Bar of Michigan,Member, 2016
- Michigan Inter-Professional Association, Member
- Inter-Professional Association, Member, 2016
- American Bar Association, Member
Last Updated: 5/15/2022