Anthony Urbani, II
Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Clinton Township, MI
Anthony Urbani II is an attorney at Urbani & Marshall P.C., where he focuses his practice primarily on family law matters. Located in Clinton Township, Michigan, he represents clients in Macomb County and other parts of the greater Detroit metropolitan area and throughout the state. Mr. Urbani’s experience has also encompassed criminal defense, general civil litigation and estate planning. Admitted to practice in Michigan since 1983, he is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan and the Supreme Court of the United States.
A significant portion of Mr. Urbani’s family law practice involves his representation of clients who are going through a divorce. Many of them are business owners or possess other significant assets, and he works with them on the relevant marital property division issues. Other divorce-related matters that Mr. Urbani has handled have included alimony, child support, and child custody and visitation. Most of his cases are settled through mediation or the negotiation of a comprehensive settlement agreement, but he approaches all of them as if they will end up being litigated in court.
Apart from his divorce practice, other family law matters that Mr. Urbani has worked on have included the preparation and review of prenuptial and post-marital agreements, and he has assisted clients whose marriages have already been dissolved and who are asking a judge to modify or enforce previously issued parenting and support court orders. His estate planning experience has included wills, trusts, and financial and health care powers of attorney, and he has represented people who have been accused of committing misdemeanor or felony offenses. Mr. Urbani is a graduate of what was then known as Detroit College of Law, and he has received a "Superb" peer review rating through Avvo.
- 60%Family Law
- 10%Estate Planning & Probate
- 10%General Litigation
- 10%Real Estate: Consumer
- 10%Real Estate: Business
Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Name Change, Paternity, Prenuptial Agreements, Marital Property, Mediation & Collaborative Law, Wills, Litigation, Restraining Order, Small Claims, Landlord/Tenant
- Super Lawyers: 2008 - 2022
About Anthony Urbani, II
First Admitted: 1983, Michigan
Professional Webpage: https://www.urbanimarshall.com/anthony-urbani
- University of Detroit, A.B., Philosophy, cum laude, 1975
- Defense counsel in perhaps the largest multi-million dollar federal court case involving criminal conspiracy against the United States. This case involved the manufacturing of ammunition for the Department of Defense. Obtained a not guilty verdict on a perjury case involving a police officer acting as a salvage vehicle inspector. Obtained favorable appellate decisions in the areas of family law and civil litigation.
- Law School Honors/Involvement: Received the highest grade in Uniform Commercial Code Seminar taught by Bradford Stone, noted author and national authority on this subject matter who also edited the U.C.C. portion of the Michigan Compiled Laws; Sigma Nu Phi Legal Fraternity, Officer.
- Marquis and Covington publications of Who’s Who
- Kenneth Rancilio Memorial Award
- Justinian Award from the Italian American Bar Association of Michigan
- Michigan Super Lawyer in Family Law (2008-present)
Pro bono/Community Service
- Frequently serve as a judge for National Moot Court Competition at Michigan State College of Law, as well as state and local High School Moot Court competitions and advocacy programs
- Member Second Century Club – Detroit College of Law, Trustee of the San Pangrazio Marty Society, Past Member of Detroit Polo Club, Past Member of Grosse Pointe Hunt Club
- Guild Member – St. John Providence Health System, Member Detroit Athletic Club, Member Knights of Columbus
- Served as mentor to newly admitted lawyers for the Macomb County Bar Association
- Future Master, Ceremony for the Honorable Mark Switalski Summer Roast
- Board of Directors and Fundraising Chair, Macomb County Bar Foundation
- Past member of the American Bar Association and sustaining member of Michigan Trial Lawyers Association
- Member and past president of the Italian Bar Association of Michigan
- Member of the Family Law Section of the State Bar of Michigan
- Oakland County
- Longest-serving past chair of the Family Law Committee of the Macomb County Bar Association and a key player in the formation of the County’s Family Law Court, mandated by the State of Michigan.
- Wayne County
- Macomb County
- Past Chair and Current Co-chair, Family Law Committee, Macomb County Bar Association
- Past president, Italian Bar Association of Michigan
- Member, Family Law Section, State Bar of Michigan,
- Authored articles in Bar Briefs relating to the 2009 child support formula and short sales in divorce cases. In 2011, authored article on valuation fo dower, life estates and remainders in family law practice. Hosted seminar relating to evaluating and dividing social security benefits and retirement medical benefits as part of the marital estate
- Key-note speaker for ICLE seminars relating to evaluation and dividing of social security benefits and retirement medical benefits as part of the marital estate.
- Host, Legally Speaking, Macomb County Bar Association
Other Outstanding Achievements
- Married to unbelievable wife and father of two wonderful daughters
Last Updated: 5/15/2022