Heidi T. Sharp
Top rated Employment Litigation attorney in Clinton Township, MichiganThe Sharp Firm, PLLC
Attorney Heidi T. Sharp is the managing partner of The Sharp Firm, PLLC, in Clinton Township, Michigan. Nationally ranked as one of the leading trial attorneys in the country, Ms. Sharp provides unmatched representation and support to clients throughout the greater Detroit metro and Michigan who have legal needs involving any of the following:
· Labor and employment law
As an attorney, Ms. Sharp believes that everyone deserves quality legal counsel despite their means or standing in society. As such, she delivers highly personalized attention to all she serves and works hard to protect their rights and entitlements and help them achieve the positive outcomes they seek efficiently and cost-effectively. Many times, she is able to negotiate favorable settlements for her plaintiff clients outside of court, but she will not hesitate to take her clients' claims to trial if necessary to ensure they achieve the justice they deserve.
Honored for her outstanding professionalism and superior client service, Mr. Sharp has earned an AV-Preeminent peer review rating* from Martindale-Hubbell as well as many other top rankings and endorsements from her peers. In addition, she has received recognition as Women in the Law Class of 2016 from Michigan Lawyers Weekly along with the Volunteer of the Year award from Macomb County Habitat for Humanity.
A 2002 magna cum laude graduate of Western Michigan University, where she was a WMU Medallion Honors Scholar and National Honor Society essay scholar, Ms. Sharp obtained her Juris Doctor from the University of Detroit Mercy School of Law in 2006. While in law school, she was an active participant in the G. Mennen Williams Moot Court Competition and a finalist in 2004. She also received the Service Award for Recognition to the Law School Community. She was also the recipient of the Michigan Press Association Foundation Award Scholarship.
A leader in her legal community, Ms. Sharp is the incoming Chair of the State Bar of Michigan Labor and Employment Law Section. She is also an active member of the Michigan Association for Justice and the Federal Bar Association, among her other professional affiliations. She has also served in a number of leadership roles with Macomb County Habitat for Humanity.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasEmployment Litigation: Plaintiff
Employment Discrimination, Retaliation, Wrongful Termination
- 100% Employment Litigation: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 2006, Michigan
Professional Webpage: https://www.sharpfirmlaw.com/who-we-are/heidi-sharp/
- Editor of “In Brief”, University of Detroit Mercy School of Law
- Michigan Association for Justice, Labor & Employment Committee
- State Bar of Michigan, Labor and Employment Council
- Federal Bar Association
- Macomb Bar Association, Labor & Employment Chair (2012-2019)
- Habitat for Humanity, Board of Directors, 2012
- Annual Judge, Michigan High School Moot Court Competition
- Vice-Chair, Board of Directors, Macomb County Habitat for Humanity
- Habitat for Humanity, Secretary, 2013
- Habitat for Humanity, Vice President, 2014
- National Honor Society Essay Scholar (1999)
- Recipient, Cavanagh Scholarship (2/3 tuition, based on academic achievement)
- WMU Medallion Honors Scholar (1999-2002)
- Macomb County Habitat for Humanity “Volunteer of the Year”, Special Tribute by Governor Rick Snyder (2015)
- Finalist, G Mennen Williams Moot Court Competition (2004)
- Michigan Press Association Foundation Award Scholarship (2002)
- Service Award for Recognition to the Law School Community (2006) Presented at University of Detroit Mercy School of Law
- Selected to “Super Lawyers” (2017-2019)
- “Rising Star” as listed in “Super Lawyers” (2011-2015)
- Women in the Law Class of 2016 by Michigan Lawyers Weekly
- “AV” Martindale Hubbell Rating
- Western University Michigan, Bachelor of Arts, Magna Cum Laude, 2002
Office location for Heidi T. Sharp
Clinton Township, MI 48038