Kathy J. Vogt
Top rated Family Law attorney in Clinton Township, MichiganGarton & Vogt, P.C.
Practice Areas: Family Law, Criminal Defense, Personal Injury
Licensed in Michigan since: 1986
Education: Michigan State University College of Law
A partner at Garton & Vogt, PC, Kathy J. Vogt has a varied practice that encompasses criminal defense, family law matters, and personal injury and wrongful death litigation. Based in Clinton Township, Michigan, she represents clients throughout Macomb County and other parts of the state. Ms. Vogt attended Oakland University as an undergraduate and received a Bachelor of Science in business management in 1983. She then pursued her legal education at what was then known as Detroit College of Law and was awarded her Juris Doctor in 1986.
Many of Ms. Vogt’s clients are people who have been accused by the state or federal government with having committed misdemeanor or felony offenses. The cases that she has handled have included driving under the influence of alcohol, fraud and other white collar crimes, sexual assault, drug possession and distribution, and homicide. Ms. Vogt has been able to obtain successful results for her clients including dismissals and acquittals, and she also has negotiated many favorable plea agreements with the prosecution.
Ms. Vogt also represents people who are facing the end of their marriages, and she assists them in seeking a resolution to such matters as child custody and visitation, spousal and child support, and the division of complex marital assets and debts. She often takes the lead in negotiating a comprehensive settlement agreement, and she has advocated on their behalf when litigation has proven to be necessary. Ms. Vogt’s personal injury caseload has included animal bites, pedestrian accidents, and truck and other motor vehicle crashes. Her successful track record in all of these endeavors has earned her an “Excellent” peer review rating through Avvo and an AV Preeminent* peer review rating through Martindale-Hubbell.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
First Admitted: 1986, Michigan
Professional Webpage: https://macomblawyers.com/our-attorneys/kathy-j-vogt/
- Warren Family YMCA, Board of Directors
- Warren Lions Club, Member
- Warren Lions Club, Past President
- Super Lawyer in 2007 and 2008
- Member, State Bar of Michigan
- Chair, Judicial Evaluation Committee for the Macomb County Bar Association
- Michigan, 1986
- U.S. Tax Court, 1988
- Macomb County Bar Association, Past President
- Past President of the Macomb Region for Women Lawyers Association of Michigan
- U.S. Federal Courts, 1986
- State Bar of Michigan, District Chair of the Character and Fitness Committee and an Assembly Representative
- Women Lawyers Association of Michigan, Member
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Michigan, 1986
- Family Law Certified, State Bar of Michigan
- National Criminal Defense College
- B.S., Oakland University, Business Management
- Super Lawyers: 2007 - 2010, 2020 - 2023