Anthea E. Papista
Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Detroit, MI
Attorney Anthea E. Papista's legal practice is devoted to the areas of matrimonial law, divorce, trust and estate litigation, and estate planning. Ms. Papista represents a wide variety of clients in the metropolitan region of Detroit, Michigan, as well as throughout southeastern Michigan. She has extensive experience dealing with matters of asset division, business valuations, spousal support, custody, parenting time issues and more.
Ms. Papista is a graduate of the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor having graduated with a degree in political science (B.A.), with distinction. She was one of ten students selected from the University of Michigan to attend the London School of Economics in her junior year. She began her legal career after graduating magna cum laude from the Detroit College of Law, now known as the Michigan State University College of Law and served as a managing editor of the Law Review. Ms. Papista was admitted to practice law in Michigan in 1993. In 2005, she graduated from Wayne State University Law School with a Masters in Law in the area of corporate finance.
Due to her continued passion and dedication, Ms. Papista has received recognition for her contributions to the legal field, including being annually listed as a “Top Lawyer” in the area of family law by DBusiness Magazine, a Michigan business journal and an acclaimed Super Lawyer for many years.
Outside of her legal practice, Ms. Papista stays actively involved in her professional community by participating in a wide variety of groups and organizations in numerous roles. She is a member of the Macomb County Probate Bar Association and the Wayne County Probate Bar Association.
Also a member of the State Bar of Michigan, Ms. Papista served as an elected council member of the State Bar's Family Law Section from 2013 to 2021 and is a liaison between the Family Law Section and Probate and Estate Sections. She is an elected a Fellow in both the Oakland County Bar Association and the Detroit Metropolitan Bar Association. She is the Co-Editor of the State Bar of Michigan’s Family Law Journal and Co-Editor of the Lexis Nexis Michigan Family Law Practice Guide.
- 60%Family Law
- 30%Estate & Trust Litigation
- 10%Estate Planning & Probate
Alimony & Spousal Support, Custody & Visitation, Divorce, Prenuptial Agreements, Will Contests, Estate Planning, Probate & Estate Administration, Trusts
- Super Lawyers: 2016 - 2022
About Anthea E. Papista
First Admitted: 1993, Michigan
Professional Webpage: http://papistalaw.com/anthea-e-papista/
- I graduated from the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor in 1987 (B.A), with distinction. I graduated from the Michigan State University School of Law in 1993, magna cum laude. I also obtained a Master in Laws, in corporate finance from Wayne State University in 2005. , 1993
- Voted as "Top Lawyer" in Family Law, "Dbusiness" Magazine, Dbusiness, 2012
- Member, Hellenic Bar of Michigan , 2022
- Fellow, Detroit Metropolitan Bar Association, 2022
- Member, State Bar of Michigan, Family Law Section, 2022
- Member, Oakland County Bar Association, 2022
- Member, Macomb County Probate Bar Association, 2022
- Member, Detroit Metropolitan Bar Association, 2022
- Member, Wayne County Probate Bar Association, 2022
- Member, State Bar of Michigan, Probate and Estate Planning Section, 2022
- Fellow, Oakland County Bar Association, 2022
- This comprehensive book provides a detailed summary of all pertinent subjects in the area of family law and is a tremendous resource for practitioners. , Co-Editor and contributing chapter author, Co-Editor of the LexisNexis Family Law Practice Guide , 2022
- Co-Editor of the State Bar of Michigan's Family Law Journal, a ten-issue publication that touches on current family-law issues such as divorce, support, property division, valuation, tax matters, custody, parenting time (by way of example) that impact Michigan families. , Co-Editor-in-Chief of the State Bar of Michigan Family Law Journal, 2022
Last Updated: 5/20/2022