Mark J. Kriger
Top Rated White Collar Crimes Attorney in Detroit, MI
Mark J. Kriger is a criminal defense attorney at LaRene & Kriger PLC in Detroit, Michigan. A partner of the firm, Mr. Kriger represents attorneys, business owners, doctors, executives, public officials, stockbrokers and other types of clients throughout the Detroit metropolitan area.
Mr. Kriger defends the rights of people who are facing a wide variety of charges, including assault, conspiracy, drug possession, drug trafficking, fraud, homicide, property crimes, public corruption, racketeering, robbery, theft and white-collar crimes. He has experience at the trial and appellate levels and is familiar with post-conviction relief matters, as well.
Practicing law for over 40 years, Mr. Kriger has litigated criminal cases inside and outside of Michigan. He has argued before courts including the Michigan Court of Appeals, the Michigan Supreme Court and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 6th and 10th circuits. He is an active member of the Criminal Defense Attorneys of Michigan and the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers.
Michigan Lawyers Weekly named Mr. Kriger “lawyer of the year” in 2006 and Best Lawyers included him on its list of the “best lawyers in Michigan.” He has lectured for a number of law schools and has participated in the University of Michigan Law School Innocence Clinic. He also volunteers with the ACLU of Michigan.
A magna cum laude graduate of the University of Michigan, where he earned a bachelor’s degree, Mr. Kriger went on to receive his law degree from Wayne State University Law School. He holds licenses to practice law before all Michigan state courts, the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 6th Circuit and the Supreme Court of the United States.
About Mark J. Kriger
First Admitted: 1979, Michigan
Professional Webpage: https://www.lareneandkriger.com/attorney/mark-j-kriger/
Pro bono/Community Service
- A.C.L.U. of Michigan, 2000 - 2013
- National Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys
- Criminal Defense Attorney of Michigan
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1997
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Michigan, 1979
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit, 1984
- Michigan, 1979
- University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, B.G.S., Honors: magna cum laude, With honors
- In 2006, I was named lawyer of the year by Michigan Lawyers Weekly based on my successful defense of former Macomb County Prosecutor Carl Marlinga who had been indicted by a grand jury sitting in the Eastern District of Michigan., Michigan Lawyer of the Year, Michigan Lawyers Weekly, 2006
Last Updated: 3/15/2021