Richard G. Mack, Jr.
Top rated employment & labor attorney in Detroit, MichiganMiller Cohen, PLC
Attorney Richard G. Mack, Jr., is a partner at Miller Cohen, PLC, in Detroit, Michigan. Mr. Mack practices employment and labor law, handling cases involving employment discrimination and representing unions in Detroit and throughout Michigan. He also serves as general counsel for the Metropolitan Detroit AFL-CIO.
Mr. Mack has over 20 years of experience litigating, arbitrating and negotiating many complex employment matters in the private and public sectors. He has obtained several million- and multimillion-dollar recoveries on behalf of his clients and served as chief lawyer in the city of Detroit bankruptcy. He is committed to fighting on behalf of workers and advocating for their best interests.
Committed to professional development, Mr. Mack speaks at the Institute of Continuing Legal Education, Wayne State University – Labor Studies Center, as well as organizations and unions throughout the region. He belongs to legal organizations, including the Wolverine Bar Association, the American Bar Association and the National Bar Association.
Involved in his local community, Mr. Mack serves as a director on the executive board of the Detroit Branch NAACP and on the executive board of the 14th District Democratic Party committee. Additionally, he is a member of Citizens for Affirmative Action’ Preservation and the Charter Revision Commission of Detroit.
Mr. Mack graduated from the University of Michigan with bachelor’s degrees in economics and political science. He earned his law degree from Wayne State University Law School. During law school, he was the founder and editor-in-chief of the Journal of Law in Society. He holds a license to practice law before all Michigan state courts.
Practice areasEmployment & labor: employee, Employment litigation: plaintiff, General litigation
Employment law - employee, Unions, Wage & hour laws, Whistleblower, Sexual harassment, Labor law, Employment discrimination, Wrongful termination, Retaliation
- 60% Employment & labor: employee
- 30% Employment litigation: plaintiff
- 10% General litigation
First Admitted: 1998, Michigan
Professional Webpage: https://www.millercohen.com/attorney/mack-richard-g-jr/
- Perfecting Church, Member
- 14th District Democratic Party Committee, Executive Board Member
- Citizens for Affirmative Action Preservation, Member
- Detroit Branch NAACP, Director on the Executive Board
- Wolverine Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- National Bar Association, Member
- NAACP, Member
- Michigan “Super Lawyer”
- Wayne State University Law School, The Journal of Law in Society, Editor-in-Chief
- Lecturer, Metropolitan-Detroit AFL-CIO
- Lecturer, Institute of Continuing Legal Education
- Lecturer, Wayne State University Labor Studies Center
- University of Michigan, Major: Economics and Political Science
Office location for Richard G. Mack, Jr.
7700 Second Ave
Detroit, MI 48202
- Super Lawyers: 2011 - 2022