Top Rated Elder Law Attorney in East Lansing, MI
David Shaltz is an elder law attorney at Chalgian & Tripp Law Office PLL in East Lansing, Michigan. He represents clients throughout Michigan. A skilled attorney with more than 40 years of experience, he handles matters involving estates, probate, trusts, wills and elder law issues.
Over the course of his career, Mr. Shaltz has guided many individuals and families through the challenges of elder law and estate planning issues. He is recognized for his extensive knowledge about Michigan’s Medicaid program and has experience with administrative law appeals.
Mr. Shaltz regularly provides training on elder law topics to organizations that serve elderly clients. He is a co-author of the Michigan Guardianship and Conservatorship Handbook and was author and editor of Advising the Older or Disabled Client, an Institute of Continuing Legal Education publication.
In honor of his accomplishments, Leading Lawyers magazine recognized Mr. Shaltz in their publication several years in a row. He is the recipient of awards from the State Bar of Michigan Elder Law and Disability Rights Section, Elder Law of Michigan, Inc. and the Michigan Campaign for Quality Care.
After completing his bachelor’s degree, Mr. Shaltz earned his law degree from Western Michigan University Cooley Law School. He holds a license to practice law before all Michigan state courts.
Prior to joining Chalgian & Tripp Law Office PLL, Mr. Shaltz served in a diverse variety of legal roles. He is a former legal services attorney, public interest attorney and elder law attorney in a private practice. He began his legal career working at the Greater Lansing Legal Aid Bureau.
About David Shaltz
First Admitted: 1978, Michigan
Professional Webpage: https://mielderlaw.com/attorneys/david-shaltz/
- Editor and Chapter Author of the Institute of Continuing Legal Education Publication
- Former Chapter Co-Author of the Michigan Guardianship and Conservatorship Handbook
- State Bar of Michigan’s Administrative Law, Elder Law and Disability Rights and Probate and Estate Planning Sections, Member
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, Member
Pro bono/Community Service
- Greater Lansing Legal Aid Bureau, VISTA Volunteer
- The award honors individuals whose determination and passion have made a real difference in the lives of long term care consumers, Nadene Mitcham Courage & Heart Award, Michigan Campaign for Quality Care, 2012
- Volunteer and Pro Bono Service Award, Elder Law and Disability Rights Section, 2016
- Leading Lawyer, Leading Lawyers Magazine, 2016-2020
- Selectee, Michigan edition of Super Lawyers Magazine, 2015 – 2020
- The Call to Justice Award pays tribute to individuals who demonstrate, passion and exuberance to fairness and justice, causes and other actions that help older adults realize the freedom to exercise personal choices about health care, living arrangements, supportive care and the activities that bring joy and meaning to life, Joe D. Sutton Call to Justice Award, Elder Law of Michigan, Inc., 2010
Last Updated: 5/15/2022