Gary K. Springstead
Top rated white collar crimes attorney in Fremont, MichiganSpringstead Bartish Borgula & Lynch, PLLC
Gary K. Springstead, a former F.B.I. Agent, is one of the leading criminal defense attorneys in Michigan, according Super Lawyers magazine, and rated a 10.0 on Avvo.com, earning the Client's Choice Award.
Mr. Springstead represents clients in state courts throughout Michigan and federal courts throughout the country. Mr. Springstead has experience handling complex felonies such as white collar crimes, drug conspiracies, gun cases, sex crimes, but also relishes fighting misdemeanors, like DUI's and domestic violence charges, as well.
He has extensive litigation experience in both state and federal court and is known as one of the region’s top trial attorneys.
Along with appearing before various Michigan state courts, Mr. Springstead is licensed to practice before the U.S. District Courts for the Eastern and Western Districts of Michigan, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit, and has been admitted to practice in federal courts from New York to Hawaii. He has achieved success at both the state and federal levels with his cases in cases involving both violent and white collar matters.
Before becoming a criminal attorney, Mr. Springstead spent five years serving as a Special Agent for the Federal Bureau of Investigation. He gained valuable legal experience by serving as an intern for a federal judge and was a Presidential Management Fellow.
An active member of the Michigan legal community, Mr. Springstead belongs to the State Bar of Michigan, the Michigan Association of OWI Attorneys, the National College for DUI Defense and the FBI Agents Association. He also sat on the board of the Criminal Defense Attorneys of Michigan and belongs to the Federal Bar Association for the Western District of Michigan.
Mr. Springstead earned a bachelor’s degree from the University of Michigan, graduating with distinction. He obtained his law degree from Wayne State University Law School and has been licensed to practice law since 1999.
Practice areasCriminal defense: white collar, Criminal defense, Criminal defense: DUI/DWI
White collar crime, Criminal law - federal, Arrest & arraignment, Assault & battery, Criminal fraud, Criminal law, Drug & alcohol violations, False accusations, Felony, Misdemeanor, Motor vehicle offenses, Murder, Sex offenses, Tax evasion, Theft, Criminal domestic violence, DUI/DWI
- 30% Criminal defense: white collar
- 40% Criminal defense
- 30% Criminal defense: DUI/DWI
First Admitted: 1999, Michigan
Professional Webpage: https://www.springsteadbartish.com/federal-criminal-defense-...
- National College of DUI Defense (NCDD), Member
- Federal Bar Association, Western District of Michigan, Member
- Constitutional Warrior, Criminal Defense Attorneys of Michigan
- Oceana County Bar Association, President, 2007
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Michigan
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (NACDL), Member
- Newaygo County Bar Association, President, 2009
- State Bar of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- Michigan Association of OWI Attorneys, Member
- Criminal Defense Attorneys of Michigan (CDAM), Board Member, 2012
- Newaygo County Bar Association, Interim President, 2008
- State Bar of Michigan, Criminal Law and Litigation Sections, Member
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- University of Michigan, B.A.(with distinction),1995 , 1995
- Super Lawyer for Criminal Law, Super Lawyers Magazine, 2014
- , Super Lawyer for Criminal Law (White Collar Crime), Super Lawyers, 2020
- Super Lawyer for Criminal Law, Super Lawyers Magazine, 2015
- Client's Choice Award, AVVO, 2018
- Certified in N.H.T.S.A.'s Standardized Field Sobriety Testing, 2015
- Criminal defense firm., Attorney/Firm Overview, 2016
- Council Member For Litigation Section State Bar Of Michigan
- Federal Bar Association Western District Of Michigan
- Mason County Bar Association
- Member Of National College For DUI Defense
- National Association Of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Newaygo County Bar Association
- Oceana County Bar Association
- White Collar Crime Section; Board Member For Criminal Defense Attorneys Of Michigan
Office location for Gary K. Springstead
28A West Main Street
Fremont, MI 49412
- Super Lawyers: 2014 - 2022
- Rising Stars: 2011 - 2013