Brandon M. Hewitt
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Grand Rapids, MI
- Free Consultation
The Chief Operating Officer of Michigan Auto Law in Grand Rapids, Michigan, Brandon M. Hewitt is committed to making the legal process as simple and straightforward as possible for injury victims. With a determination to compassionately serve his clients and treat them as he would his own family, he focuses on personal injury law, working with people injured in car, truck and motorcycle accidents, among others.
Mr. Hewitt understands the tumultuous times his clients experience after being injured through no fault of their own and seeking compensation through a court of law. Deeply concerned about his clients’ recovery, he fights hard to obtain the damages they deserve to kickstart their future and holds the at-fault party accountable for their actions. For instance, he received a jury verdict of $520,000 for his client, which is 10 times more than what the defendant offered prior to the trial.
Mr. Hewitt majored in marketing and music business at Ferris State University. He was the president-elect of the Music Industry Management Association, a student senator at the Ferris State University Student Government, and a scholar and keynote speaker for the Ferris State University Honors Program. He graduated top of his class with a bachelor’s degree in 2004 and was included on the dean’s list for all semesters.
After completing his undergraduate studies, Mr. Hewitt enrolled at the Wayne State University Law School, receiving his Juris Doctor cum laude in 2007. During his time in law school, he was the vice president of the Sports and Entertainment Law Society and the Christian Legal Society. More awe-inspiring, he was a moot court invitee and earned an academic scholarship.
Licensed to practice in Michigan since 2007, Mr. Hewitt has been admitted to practice before the United States District Courts for the Eastern and Western Districts of Michigan. He remains connected with the legal community through organizations such as the State Bar of Michigan, The State Bar of California, the American Association for Justice and the Center for Progressive Leadership. He is part of the executive board of the Michigan Association for Justice and co-chairs the organization’s Autonomous Vehicles Committee.
Mr. Hewitt has been honored by prominent legal organizations for showcasing nothing short of exemplary work and professionalism in the legal field. He has been recognized by The National Trial Lawyers: Top 40 Under 40 since 2015 and added to the organization’s Top 100 list in 2019. An Avvo “Superb” rated attorney, he has been honored by Grand Rapids Magazine and Grand Rapids Business Journal numerous times for his work in personal injury and insurance law.
- 80%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 20%Insurance Coverage
Motor Vehicle Accidents, Wrongful Death, Trucking Accidents, Personal Injury - Defense
- Super Lawyers: 2013 - 2022
About Brandon M. Hewitt
First Admitted: 2007, Michigan
Professional Webpage: https://www.michiganautolaw.com/about/attorneys/brandon-hewi...
- Recognized in the area of "Personal Injury" law, 2019 - 2022, Top Lawyers, Grand Rapids Magazine/Grand Rapids Business Journal
- Selected annually since 2013, Michigan Super Lawyers, 2013
- 40 Under 40, The National Trial Lawyers, 2015 - 2021
- Sports and Entertainment Law Society, Vice President, Wayne State University Law School
- Christian Legal Society, Vice President, Wayne State University Law School
- Moot Court Invitee, Wayne State University Law School
Pro bono/Community Service
- Center for Progressive Leadership
- American Association of Justice
- United States District Court – Eastern District of Michigan
- United States District Court – Western District of Michigan
- Michigan Association of Justice – Executive Board, 2020
- Michigan Association of Justice, Autonomous Vehicles Committee, Co-Chair, 2021
- Member - Lawyers of Distinction, 2019
- State Bar of Michigan, 2008
- California Bar, 2011
- Ferris State University - Bachelor's Degree Graduated Summa Cum Laude, Honors: Graduated Summa Cum Laude, Top of class, Golden Key International Honor Society, Chartering Officer, Ferris State University Student Government, Finance Committee, Ferris State University Honors Program, Alumni Keynote Speaker, Music Industry Management Association, President, Top of class, 2004
- $520,000 Jury Verdict - Ottawa County car accident, 2018
- $1.4 million in Verdicts and Settlements, 2011
- $825,000 in Verdicts and Settlements, 2012
- $1.1million in Verdicts and Settlements, 2013
- $1.16 million in Verdicts and Settlements, 2010
- What causes road rage?, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bx6zbq7Ga_s, 2020
- PLPD vs Full Coverage Insurance: What's The Difference, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oz8_fyiHf68, 2022
- Michigan Social Host Liability Law: What You Need To Know, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLVmoxpYxMI, 2021
- Car Accident Involving Power Lines: What You Need To Know, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aczhMmqljI0, 2021
- Umbrella Policy Coverage In Michigan: Why You Need It , https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppOu6xqY5x0, 2021
- Parking Lot Accident Laws in Michigan: What You Need To Know, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60N1xBvTV8o, 2021
- Pedestrian Car Accidents: Past 5 Years Shows Spike In October | Attorney Brandon Hewitt - CW 50 Detroit, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9Y7OJx_vZQ, 2020
- Does Medicare cover auto accident injuries?, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZgdniFgqAo, 2020
- Michigan Association for Justices’, Speaker, “The Future of Auto Law: Autonomous Vehicles”, No-Fault Institute XIX, 2022
- It's #October which means the #election is right around the corner! Check out the candidates #endorsed by the Michi… https://t.co/tRzyXfoGX6
- It's #October which means it is #PedestrianSafetyMonth!🚷
- Did you know in #Michigan, the #pedestrianaccidents statistics for 2021 show that pedestrian deaths were the… https://t.co/i6YdDXKSKP
- Who else is excited for #HocusPocus2? https://t.co/a6y23b2axb
Last Updated: 10/1/2022