Stephen R. Drew
Top rated Personal Injury attorney in Grand Rapids, MichiganDrew, Cooper & Anding
As a founding partner at Drew Cooper & Anding, Stephen R. Drew dedicates his practice to representing people who have suffered wrongdoing. His caseload involves personal injury, sexual harassment and abuse, civil rights and employment law matters on behalf of those in the area of Grand Rapids, Michigan, and across the State of Michigan and beyond. He is one of the lead counsel in the matter of Rachael DenHollander v Michigan State University, Larry Nassar, USAG and USOPC on behalf of over 122 female gymnasts regarding sexual abuse.
In 1971, Mr. Drew received a Bachelor of Arts from the University of Michigan. He then earned a Juris Doctor in 1974 from the University of Michigan Law School.
Mr. Drew has more than 35 years of experience guiding people through issues such as car accidents and wrongful termination. He is prepared to negotiate on behalf of a client or head to trial, whichever serves the client’s best interests. In one case, he secured a $7.9 million verdict on behalf of a client who suffered in a hostile work environment due to sexual harassment. In another issue, he settled a wrongful death claim brought against several police officers for $775,000.
For his accomplishments, Mr. Drew has been selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America; he has been listed in The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100; he holds an Avvo “Superb” rating; the State Bar of Michigan honored him with its Champion of Justice Award; and he has been named a fellow with both the American College of Trial Lawyers and The College of Labor and Employment Lawyers Inc.
One of the reasons Mr. Drew has such success is because he is highly involved in the legal community. He is a member of the Michigan Association for Justice, the Floyd Skinner Bar Association and the Grand Rapids Bar Association.
Practice areasPersonal Injury - General: Plaintiff, Employment Litigation: Plaintiff, Civil Rights, Employment & Labor: Employee, Workers' Compensation: Claimant
Americans with Disabilities Act, Animal Bites, Brain Injury, Construction Accident, Disability, Discrimination, Employment Discrimination, Employment Law - Employee, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Police Misconduct, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Race Discrimination, Retaliation, Sexual Abuse - Plaintiff, Sexual Harassment, Slip and Fall, Trucking Accidents, Wage & Hour Laws, Whistleblower, Wrongful Death, Wrongful Termination
- 50% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 20% Employment Litigation: Plaintiff
- 10% Civil Rights
- 10% Employment & Labor: Employee
- 10% Workers' Compensation: Claimant
First Admitted: 1974, Michigan
Professional Webpage: https://dca-lawyers.com/people/attorneys/stephen-r-drew/
- Michigan Trial Lawyers Association, Executive Board Member
- Floyd Skinner Bar Association, Past President
- Grand Rapids Bar Association, Past President
- Theresa Waldo v. Consumers Energy, 1:06 –cv-00768 (2010)
- Estate of William Griffin v. City of Muskegon, et. al, 1:09-cv-884 (2010)
- Listed in the Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers, 1997-Present
- Super Lawyer in Michigan, Personal Injury, 2007
- 2017 Best Lawyers “Lawyer of the Year” for Employment Law, Grand Rapids
- Champion of Justice Award, Michigan Bar Association
- American College of Trial Lawyers, Fellow
- American Bar Association, College of Labor and Employment Lawyers, Member
- University of Michigan
Office location for Stephen R. Drew
80 Ottawa Avenue NW
Grand Rapids, MI 49503