Top Rated Cannabis Law Attorney in Lathrup Village, MI
Attorney Richard Sulaka is the founder and managing member of Sulaka Law, PLLC, in Lathrup Village, Michigan. A top-rated and award-winning attorney, Mr. Sulaka has more than seven years of legal experience, and he provides unmatched counsel and support to clients throughout Detroit and all across the state who have legal needs involving any of the following:
· Business law, including cannabis law, business litigation, trademarks and intellectual property, reorganizations, and mergers and acquisitions
· Estate planning and administration, including personal and business asset protection
· Real estate and commercial developments
· Bankruptcy, debt discharge and restructuring
Before establishing his own private practice, Mr. Sulaka served as general counsel and director of human resources with the City of Detroit's Water and Sewerage Department. Since establishing his own law firm, he has handled dozens of highly complex, high-stakes commercial and real estate litigation matters involving more than $2 billion in transactions and more than $500 million in legal disputes.
No matter the issues his clients are facing or the scope and complexity of their legal challenges, Mr. Sulaka has the extensive skills and resources necessary to handle his clients' matters efficiently and help them achieve the favorable outcomes they expect and deserve as cost-effectively as possible.
In honor of his outstanding professionalism and superior client service, Mr. Sulaka has earned a Top 40 Under 40 designation from Crain's Detroit Business as well as many other top rankings and endorsements from his peers. He has also received numerous testimonials and referrals from his satisfied clients, and he received recognition from Michigan's Governor for his excellent contributions to municipal bankruptcy for the city of Detroit.
A graduate of Wayne State University, Mr. Sulaka began his legal career in 2013 after obtaining his Juris Doctor from Western Michigan University's Thomas M. Cooley Law School and his license to practice from the State Bar of Michigan. He is an active member of the American Bankruptcy Institute and the State Bar of Michigan, among his other professional affiliations.
- %Cannabis Law
- %Estate Planning & Probate
- %Intellectual Property
- %Real Estate: Business
- %Bankruptcy: Consumer
Business Formation and Planning, Contracts, Estate Planning, Trusts, Trademarks, Intellectual Property Law, Bankruptcy Law
- Rising Stars: 2020 - 2022
About Richard Sulaka
First Admitted: 2013, Michigan
Professional Webpage: https://sulakalaw.com/about-us/richard-sulaka/
- Recognition by the Governor of Michigan for his outstanding contributions and performance in the City of Detroit municipal bankruptcy
- 40 Under 40 Honoree by Crain’s Business Detroit
- Rising Star by Super Lawyers in the area of Business/Corporate Law
Last Updated: 5/15/2022