A Michigan native, Brian Joseph Prain proudly serves the residents of the Greater Detroit area and beyond in very specialized areas of criminal defense, mostly Criminal Sexual Conduct (CSC). Brian is the sole practitioner at his Livonia, Michigan, firm, where he prides himself on fighting for the rights of individuals accused Criminal Sexual Conduct and a small list of other assaultive-type charges. A versatile trial lawyer with experience in successfully defending many life offenses and capital cases, he has won many Not Guilty verdicts in tough cases. He believes in honoring his commitments to his clients as he defends them through hard work and solid ethics.
After completing his undergraduate degree at Michigan State University, Brian obtained his law degree from the Michigan State University College of Law, gaining admittance on a scholarship. During law school, he began applying himself practically in his chosen field as he helped at the Washtenaw County Office of the Public Defender and the Law Offices of Shelton & Associates, PLLC. He gained important experience in interacting with clients, writing extensive legal briefs to the Court of Appeals, observing the court process and studying his mentors as they presented their cases before the court. Today, Brian devotes his practice entirely to trying criminal cases before juries. In 2013, Brian was one of only 55 lawyers selected nationwide to attend Gerry Spence's Trial Lawyers College in Wyoming. In addition to being rated by Super Lawyers since 2013,, Brian was also selected as one of the Top 19 Criminal Defense Lawyers in Detroit by Expertise.com, one of D-Business Magazine's Top Lawyers in 2019 and 2020, one of Michigan's Top 100 Criminal Defense Trial Lawyers by The National Trial Lawyers. Brian was also ranked as one of the Top 10 Criminal Defense Attorneys in Michigan by the National Academy of Criminal Defense Attorneys. Brian has also earned the AVVO Client Choice Award, rated at 10.0. Brian was also awarded as one of the Nation's Top One Percent of attorneys by the National Association of Distinguished Counsel.
Since Brian has known difficult times of struggle, he is proud to stand up for the rights of his clients in court. His discipline has helped form the backbone of his work ethic as he focuses on achieving success on behalf of his clients. A firm believer that thorough and thoughtful representation should be available to all individuals, Brian provides a free initial consultation and case evaluation for all prospective clients.
Practice areasCriminal defense
Arrest & arraignment, Assault & battery, Criminal law, False accusations, Felony, Misdemeanor, Murder, Sex offenses, Criminal domestic violence
- 100% Criminal defense
First Admitted: 2010
Professional Webpage: https://www.michigancriminalsexualconductattorney.com/
- "Survival 101 for the New Attorney: Practical Realities of Life as a New Attorney and Other Things You Won't Find in Your Casebook" - taught annually at Michigan State University College of Law
- Michigan State University, B.A. in Political Science - Prelaw, 2005
- Graduate of Gerry Spence's Trial Lawyers College in Wyoming in the summer of 2013. After applying, Mr. Prain was selected as 1 of only 55 trial lawyers nationwide to travel to Wyoming and train with Gerry Spence and the faculty at the Trial Lawyers College in Dubois, Wyoming for 3 weeks straight. Gerry Spence, age 86, is widely known as the greatest American trial lawyer ever, whose famous cases include the Karen Silkwood case, the defense of Randy Weaver, and most recently, the successful acquittal of famous Michigan trial lawyer Geoffrey Fieger. Gerry Spence has been described by Mr. Prain as his "hero," and it was a life and carreer-altering journey to learn from him at the Trial Lawyers College. , 2013
- Graduate of the Crinminal Defense Attorneys of Michigan (CDAM) Trial College, Lansing, MI. , 2011
- Top 40 Trial Lawyers Under 40, The National Trial Lawyers, 2014
- Client Choice Award, Avvo, 2014
- Rising Star, Super Lawyers, 2014
- Top 10 Under 40, National Academy of Criminal Defense Attorneys, 2014
- Top 100 Michigan Criminal Defense Trial Lawyers, The National Trial Lawyers, 2015
- Nation's Top One Percent Attorneys , National Association of Distinguished Counsel, 2015
- Award, Top 10 Under 40, National Academy of Criminal Defense Attorneys, 2015
- Client Choice Award, Avvo, 2012
- Rising Star, Super Lawyers Magazine, 2013
- Criminal Defense
Office location for Brian J. Prain
17199 N. Laurel Park Dr.
Livonia, MI 48152
- Rising Stars: 2013 - 2022
Find me online
- A conviction for fourth-degree criminal sexual conduct can have long-lasting consequences even after you finish you… https://t.co/kwIJrJJ8dC
- A criminal sexual conduct conviction could have serious ramifications on your life, including being denied for a U.… https://t.co/q2Bl0MPSfq
- Read our new blog to find out if you can face additional charges if you have been arrested for felonious assault. C… https://t.co/oDpDMYA8A5