Top rated employment & labor attorney in Livonia, MichiganStempien Law PLLC
Attorney Eric Stempien is the founder of Stempien Law PLLC in Livonia, Michigan. Mr. Stempien practices civil rights and employment law, serving clients throughout the Detroit metropolitan area. He handles cases involving discrimination, police brutality, wage and hour claims, and other issues.
Mr. Stempien has over 20 years of experience and is a strong litigator, always ready to defend the rights of his clients. He provides valuable guidance to clients while aggressively pursuing all available legal options on their behalf. He holds licenses to practice law before all Michigan state courts, the U.S. District Courts for the Eastern and Western Districts of Michigan and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 6th Circuit.
After completing his undergraduate studies at the University of Michigan, where he received a bachelor’s degree in political science, Mr. Stempien graduated cum laude from Wayne State University Law School. He has been a member of the Michigan Association for Justice for more than 20 years.
Following law school, Mr. Stempien spent a decade practicing at a private firm, handling personal injury and employment law matters. He went on to spend several years serving as general counsel for a Detroit-based health care provider before opening his own law office.
In addition to his work on behalf of private clients, Mr. Stempien serves as pro bono legal counsel for the Detroit Audubon Society. Active in his community, he is a former Board of Trustees member for Schoolcraft College. He also served as chairman of the Livonia Zoning Board of Appeals and president of the Livonia Jaycees.
Practice areasEmployment & labor: employee, Personal injury - general: plaintiff, Civil rights
Employment law - employee, Wage & hour laws, Whistleblower, Sexual harassment, Animal bites, Motor vehicle accidents, Wrongful death, Brain injury, Toxic mold, Trucking accidents, Americans with disabilities act, Police misconduct, Race discrimination, Discrimination
- 50% Employment & labor: employee
- 40% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
- 10% Civil rights
First Admitted: 1998, Michigan
Professional Webpage: http://stempien.com/about-eric-stempien/
- Detroit Audubon Society, Legal Counsel, 2014 - Present
- Michigan, 1998
- United States Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- Michigan Association for Justice, Member, 1998 - Present
- Served on State Bar of Michigan Representative Assembly, Representing Wayne County
- Graduated from University of Michigan, B.A. in Political Science, Honors: President of the Undergraduate Political Science Association, 1994
Office location for Eric Stempien
38701 W. Sevem Mile Road
Livonia, MI 48152
- Super Lawyers: 2019 - 2022