Benjamin J. Aloia
Top rated business litigation attorney in Mount Clemens, MichiganAloia Law
An attorney with Aloia & Associates P.C., Benjamin J. Aloia handles legal issues related to real estate law, business law, business litigation, banking law, municipal law and business transactions. He focuses his practice on the geographical area around the Detroit, Michigan, metropolitan area and has experience in foreclosures, short sales, loan workouts and restructures, sales, leases, purchases and all other commercial real estate transactions.
Mr. Aloia graduated from Michigan State University in 1995 with a Bachelor of Arts in journalism before moving on to law school. In 1999, he earned his Juris Doctor from the same school and was appointed as an assistant prosecutor for Oakland County. During his time with the office, the Oakland County Sheriff’s Department gave him a Distinguished Service Award and a Commendation.
Admitted to practice in the state of Michigan, Mr. Aloia is also admitted to practice before the United States Court of Appeals for the 6th Circuit, the United States District Court for the Western District of Michigan and the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan. In 2015, he was named to the Macomb County Jury Commission, and he has served on the Supreme Court Committee on Model Jury Instructions for almost a decade.
A member of The Federalist Society, he is also actively involved with the State Bar of Michigan. Mr. Aloia is the Former Chairman of the Board of Trustees for DeLaSalle Collegiate High School and an active member of the St. Lawrence Parish Finance Committee.
Practice areasBusiness litigation, State, local & municipal, Business/corporate, Real estate: business
Trade secret, Non-compete agreements, State, local & municipal litigation, Contracts, Business organizations, Condominiums & cooperatives, Landlord/tenant, Mortgage & refinance, Short sale
- 30% Business litigation
- 30% State, local & municipal
- 20% Business/corporate
- 20% Real estate: business
First Admitted: 1999, Michigan
Professional Webpage: https://aloiaandassociates.com/attorneys/benjamin-aloia-busi...
- 2013-Present, Supreme Court Committee on Model Jury Instructions
- 2013- Present, Macomb County Jury Commission
- 2011-2016, State Bar of Michigan Character and Fitness Committee, District D
- Federalist Society
- Macomb County Bar Association
- State Bar of Michigan
- Italian American Bar Association
- Admitted to State Bar of Michigan, U.S. District Court for Eastern District of Michigan, U.S. District Court for Western District of Michigan, and United States Court of Appeals., 2002
- U.S Court of Appeals, 6th Circuit
- Macomb County Dept. Public Works
- Macomb County Dept. of Roads
- 2010-2012- Chairman -- De La Salle Collegiate High School Board of Trustees
- 1997-1999 Clerk to the Honorable Richard D. Kuhn, Oakland County Circuit Court
- 1999-2001 -- Assistant Prosecuting Attorney -- Oakland County Prosecutor's Office
- Bachelors of Science in Journalism, Michigan State University, 1995
- Super Lawyers - Top 100 List, Super Lawyers, 2020
- Super Lawyers Rising Stars Honoree, Super Lawyers, 2013
- Super Lawyers Honoree, Super Lawyers
- Awarded for valuable assistance of the Sherriff's Department and the Narcotics Enforcement Team in narcotics forfeiture., Commendation Award, Oakland County Sherriff's Department, 2001
- Awarded for his distinguished service as an Assistant Prosecuting Attorney with the Oakland County Prosecutor's Office from 1999-2001., Distinguished Service Award, Oakland County Prosecutor's Office, 2001
- St. Lawrence Parish Finance Committee, 2021
- 2005-2012- De La Salle Board of Trustees
- General Business
- Real Estate Holdings
Office location for Benjamin J. Aloia
48 South Main Street
Mount Clemens, MI 48043