Randall J. Chioini
Top rated family law attorney in Mount Clemens, MichiganChioini Group, PLLC
As a managing partner of Chioini Group (Chioini, Sarnacki, Reynolds, & Doherty) of Mt. Clemens, Michigan, Randall Chioini brings nearly 13 years of experience to a practice that encompasses business matters and domestic litigation and the interplay between these 2 practice groups. Mr. Chioini offers considerable expertise in complex family law matters including high-asset divorce matters involving business/shareholder division (or complex property allocations) as well as matters involving custody, and spousal support. Mr. Chioini's primarily practices in Wayne, St. Clair, Macomb, and Oakland Counties, however, has litigated all over the sstate of Michigan.
Over the course of his career, Mr. Chioini has served as an active leader in the local legal community and has actively participated in a variety of professional and industry organizations, including, but not limited to the Macomb County Bar Association, in which he held the position of board member and the Oakland County Bar Association. He is also a long time member and former President of the Italian American Bar Association (IABAM) and devotes significant time to local charitable organizations, including serving as a director and founding member of the Goldfish Foundation, which promotes swimming and water safety to under privileged youth in the area.
Mr. Chioini earned significant recognition very early in his career, including, but not limited to being designated a Rising Star by Super Lawyers magazine in his first five years of practice and has now joined the ranks as a senior Super Lawyer. Mr. Chioini is also regularly distinguished by D-Business magazine as being a "Top Attorney" in metro Detroit in the areas of construction law, family law and business law and has been featured in various articles in Crains Detroit Business. Mr. Chioini is highly regarded by his peers and judiciary and has been distinguished with an AV Preeminent* rating from Martindale-Hubbell. In 2011, Martindale Hubbell awarded Mr. Chioini the "Client Distinction Award" ranking him in the top 1 percentile of over 1,000,000 attorneys for communication ability, responsiveness, quality of services, and value. In 2018, Mr. Chioini was awarded the Phillip F. Greco award for his excellence in practice.
Mr. Chioini actively particpates in mentoring young law students and speaks at law schools on various topics. He is also a regular presenter at the S.M.I.L.E. program for parents going through divorce and and serves as a regular lecturer and moderator on various legal topics including real estate matters for the Institute of Continuing Legal Education (ICLE).
Education/Professional Background: Michigan State University (B.A., Business Administration/Finance, 2003); Michigan State University (B.S. Building Construction Management, 2003 - cum laude); University of Detroit Mercy Law School, 2006). Phi Alpha Delta Legal Fraternity, Professional Construction Manager/Estimator 2001-2005.
Admission: State Bar of Michigan, admitted to practice 2006; United States Federal Court, Eastern District, admitted 2010.
Memberships/Affiliations: State Bar of Michigan, Representative Assembly (2016 to 2019); Macomb County Bar Association (Member, YLS Board of Directors, 2008-2010, Secretary 2011, Chair Elect 2012, Chair 2013); Macomb County Bar Association (Member, Honorary Membership Committee, Long-Term Planning Committee, Co-Chair - Mentorship Program, Family Law Committee Chair); Italian-American Bar Association of Michigan (“IABAM”), 2007 - present (Secretary 2010, Treasurer 2011, Vice President 2012, President Elect 2013, President 2014-15); Oakland County Bar Association (Member); National Italian-American Bar Association (“NIABA”); American Bar Association; Construction Association of Michigan (“CAM”); 40 Hour State Mediation Certification; MIOSHA 10-Hour State Certification; Time Team Detroit,Volunteer (localized charitable organization that seeks to provide hands on and realistic support to surrounding community members in need), The Goldfish Foundation, Board of Directors/Founding Member (charitable organization that seeks to provide swimming and water safety outreach to underprivileged children in Metro-Detroit and throughout Michigan), Macomb County Resolution Center Charity, continuing “First Friend”, Advisory Board for Institute of Continuing Legal Education (ICLE).
Speaking Engagements/Seminars/Publications: Regular Speaker at the Macomb County Friend of the Court S.M.I.L.E Program (required program for parents going through divorce in Macomb County), Regular Speaker/Author for the Institute of Continuing Legal Education (“ICLE”): Complex Real Property Transfers in a Divorce (2014), Quiet Title Actions (2014), Properly Drafting Judgments of Divorce - ICLE Small Firm Institute and State Bar Annual Conference (2015); OCBA Family Law Seminar - Securing Property Interests During a Divorce (2015), Do’s and Don’ts of Transferring Real Property in a Divorce (ICLE, 11/10/15); Top Tips for Drafting Judgments of Divorce (ICLE, 10/12/15); Change of School District Relative to Custody (ICLE 2016); Co-Presenter - Change of Parenting Time Motions and Evidentiary Hearings (ICLE 2017); Master of Ceremony, Investiture Hon. James Maceroni (2015); Author - A Big Change in Store for Child Custody Disputes in Michigan (MCBA Bar Briefs - October 2017); Penuptial Agreements in the Wake of Allard III (MCBA Bar Briefs - November 2017); Jurisdiction and Venue in Divorce Actions at a Glance (MCBA Bar Briefs - December 2017).
Designations: dbusiness Magazine (www.dbusiness.com) - “Top Lawyer in Metro Detroit” 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019 (family law and construction litigation) “Super Lawyers Rising Star” 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019 (designation given to less than 2% of attorneys under 40 upon election of peers - superlawyers.com); Martindale Hubbell Peer Review Rated (martindale.com) as “AV Preeminent Rating”; Martindale Hubbell “Client Distinction Award” (specially ranked by clients to be in top 1 percentile of over 1,000,000+ attorneys for communication ability, responsiveness, quality of service, and value) 2013; “AVVO 10.0 - Superb Rating”; AVVO “Client’s Choice Award” (avvo.com); Featured in Crain’s Detroit Business - February 2011, “First National Ownership Tangle”, Crain’s Detroit Business - July 2012, “Unraveling Northern Group’s Tangled Web”
Achievements: Successfully foreclosed a construction lien on Detroit landmark property; The First National Building on behalf of construction manager client for unpaid construction costs-----after over 4 plus years of litigation, the client was awarded full recovery, plus full reimbursement of all attorney fees.
*AV Preeminent and BV Distinguished are certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell ratings fall into two categories: legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasFamily law, Business litigation, Construction litigation: business
Adoption, Alimony & spousal support, Child support, Custody & visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic violence, Name change, Paternity, Prenuptial agreements, Marital property, Mediation & collaborative law, Same sex family law, Father's rights, Trade secret, Non-compete agreements, Construction defects
- 60% Family law
- 20% Business litigation
- 20% Construction litigation: business
First Admitted: 2007, Michigan
Professional Webpage: https://www.chioinigroup.com/attorneys/randall-j-chioini/
- The First National Building on behalf of construction manager client for unpaid construction costs—–after over 4 plus years of litigation, my client was awarded full recovery, plus full reimbursement of all attorney fees
- Successfully foreclosed a construction lien on Detroit landmark property
- Volunteer , Time Team Detroit (localized charitable organization that seeks to provide hands on and realistic support to surrounding community members in need)
- 2014 Host/Curator of the MCBA’s Bowling for Dollars – charity bowling event benefiting greater-Macomb charities
- Board of Directors/Founding Member, The Goldfish Foundation (charitable organization that seeks to provide swimming and water safety outreach to underprivileged children in Metro-Detroit and throughout Michigan)
- Speaker, Macomb County Friend of the Court S.M.I.L.E Program (required program for parents going through divorce in Macomb County)
- Featured in Crain's Detroit Business, February 2011
- "First National Ownership Tangle", Crain's Detroit Business, July 2012
- Unraveling Northern Group's Tangled Web
- WXYZ/WDIV, June 2011
- Gas Station Price Fixing in Detroit
- The Institute of Continuing Legal Education (ICLE), April 24, 2014
- Presenter/Panelist, Quiet Title Actions – Best Practices
- 100 Hour State Mediation Certification
- MIOSHA 10 hour state certification
- Oakland County Bar Association
- Chair, Young Lawyers Section - Macomb County Bar Association, 2014
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan, 2010
- YLS Board of Directors, Macomb County Bar Association, 2008 - 2010
- Long-Term Planning Committee, Macomb County Bar Association
- Secretary, Italian American Bar Association of Michigan, 2010
- President Elect, Italian American Bar Association of Michigan, 2013
- Construction Association of Michigan ("CAM")
- State Bar of Michigan, 2006
- Member, Macomb County Bar Association
- Macomb County Bar Association, Honorary Membership Committee
- Co-Chair - Mentorship Program, Italian American Bar Association of Michigan, 2007 - Present
- Vice President, Italian American Bar Association of Michigan, 2012
- National Italian American Bar Association ("NIABA")
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Eastern District of Michigan, 2010
- President, Macomb County Bar Association, 2013
- Co-Chair – Mentorship Program, Macomb County Bar Association
- Treasurer, Italian American Bar Association of Michigan, 2011
- Professional Construction Manager/Estimator, University of Detroit Mercy Law School, 2001 - 2005
- "Top Lawyer in Metro Detroit", 2011 - 2014
- D- Business Top Laywer, D-Business Magazine, 2010
- Martindale-Hubbell "Client Distinction Award"
- Phi Alpha Delta Legal Fraternity, University of Detroit Mercy Law School
- Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rated (www.martindale.com), "AV Preeminent Rating" (Highest Achievable Ranking of Attorneys as determined by Attorney Peers/Judiciary)
- Michigan State University, B.S., in Building Construction Management, cum laude, 2003
- Michigan State University, B.A., in Business Administration/Finance, 2003
Office location for Randall J. Chioini
14 First Street
Mount Clemens, MI 48043
- Super Lawyers: 2020 - 2022
- Rising Stars: 2010 - 2019