Paul E. Shibley
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Muskegon, MI
- Free Consultation
The managing shareholder at West Michigan Injury Lawyers, PLC, Paul E. Shibley focuses his practice exclusively on plaintiff's personal injury and wrongful death litigation. From the firm's office in Muskegon, Michigan, he provides representation to clients throughout the area who have incurred economic and noneconomic losses due to the negligence or recklessness of other people or entities. Mr. Shibley's experience in this regard has included cases arising out of truck and other motor vehicle accidents, premises liability, and defective products.
Throughout his career, Mr. Shibley has been successful in obtaining several sizable settlements and jury awards on behalf of his clients. Some of the more notable ones have included a $500,000 settlement for a woman who was injured when her minivan was cut off by a truck and another $500,000 settlement for a woman who was injured when a snowplow backed into her vehicle. Mr. Shibley has also served as second chair in two lawsuits that each resulted in multimillion-dollar settlements.
As an undergraduate, Mr. Shibley attended the University at Buffalo, part of the State University of New York, where he majored in political science and obtained a Bachelor of Arts cum laude in 1991. He then enrolled at the University of Detroit Mercy School of Law, where he was the school student representative to the American Bar Association before being awarded his Juris Doctor in 1994.
Admitted to practice before all Michigan state courts, Mr. Shibley has delivered several presentations on a variety of topics to members of the Michigan Association for Justice and other professional groups. He has been named to The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100, and he serves on the executive board of the Michigan Association for Justice.
About Paul E. Shibley
First Admitted: 1994, Michigan
Professional Webpage: https://www.wminjurylaw.com/attorneys/paul-shibley/
- State Bar of Michigan, 1994
- Michigan Bar Foundation, Fellow, 2009-Present
- Michigan Association for Justice, Executive Board Member, 2008-Present
- State University of New York at Buffalo, B.A. in Political Science, cum laude, 1987 – 1991
- Super Lawyer Award, Michigan, 2012-2020
- The National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Trial Lawyers, Michigan Personal Injury, 2014-2020
- Litigating Dram Shop Cases, Michigan No Fault Seminar, September 2015
- Obtaining Verdicts in Uninsured Motorist Litigation, Michigan Association for Justice Rapid Fire Seminar, 2015
- Effectively Fighting Insurance Company Tactics to Obtain Verdicts “Be Nice,” Michigan Association for Justice Ski Seminar, 2011
- Practice Management Skills for the Sole Practitioner, Michigan Association for Justice Ski Seminar, 2010
- Executive Board Member
- Kent County And Ottawa County; Muskegon County Bench Bar Committe Member
- Michigan Association For Justice; National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Michigan; Fellow Michigan Bar Found
- Muskegon County
Last Updated: 5/15/2022