Robert D. Sheehan
Top rated real estate attorney in Rochester Hills, MichiganSheehan & Associates, P.L.C.
Robert D. Sheehan is the founder of Sheehan & Associates, P.L.C., located in Rochester Hills, Michigan. The firm is associated with Kotz Sangster Wysocki P.C., with offices across Michigan. Providing representation to individual and business clients in the Detroit metropolitan area and throughout the southeastern portion of the state, Mr. Sheenan has a varied practice, handling a variety of matters, including commercial real estate transactions and disputes, business planning, DUI, drug charges and other criminal defense cases, consumer and business bankruptcies, loan workouts and modifications. He also assists clients with employment law issues, divorce, child custody and related family law matters, plaintiff's personal injury litigation, estate planning and probate administration.
A 1986 recipient of a Bachelor of Arts in political science and public administration from Michigan State University, Mr. Sheehan pursued his legal studies at Case Western Reserve University School of Law and was awarded his Juris Doctor in 1989. He was associated with a California law firm and then one in Michigan before opening his current firm in 1994. Mr. Sheehan is admitted to practice in Michigan, California and the District of Columbia.
Throughout his career, Mr. Sheehan has earned the high esteem of his fellow professionals for his excellent track record and superb ethics. He has received an AV Preeminent* peer review rating through Martindale-Hubbell, and he also holds a "Superb" peer review rating through Avvo.
Mr. Sheehan is an active participant in a variety of legal organizations, including the American Bar Association. He is a past president of The Rochester Bar Association and currently serves on the New Lawyers Committee of the Oakland County Bar Association. Mr. Sheehan has also had several legal articles published, including one on the Family and Medical Leave Act and another on noncompete agreements.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the U.S. Bankruptcy Code.
Practice areasReal estate: business, Business/corporate, Business litigation, Criminal defense, Estate planning & probate, Family law
Landlord/tenant, Mortgage & refinance, Short sale, Business formation and planning, Limited liability companies, Partnership, Sub-chapter s corporations, Contracts, Trade secret, Non-compete agreements, Criminal law, Estate planning, Guardianships & conservatorships, Living wills, Power of attorney, Probate & estate administration, Trusts, Wills, Adoption, Child support, Custody & visitation, Divorce, Same sex family law
- 20% Real estate: business
- 30% Business/corporate
- 20% Business litigation
- 10% Criminal defense
- 10% Estate planning & probate
- 10% Family law
First Admitted: 1989, California
Professional Webpage: https://www.sheehanlawyers.com/attorney/robert-d-sheehan/
- Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI, B.A., Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and Public Administration, 1986
- Past President, Rochester Bar Association
- District of Columbia, 1991
- Califronia, 1989
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Oakland County Bar Association
- Michigan, 1991
- Governor of Cranbrook Schools President Great Oaks Country Club
- Published various articles on commercial/residential real estate; attorney fee alternative arrangements
Office location for Robert D. Sheehan
1460 Walton Blvd Ste 102
Rochester Hills, MI 48309
- Super Lawyers: 2015 - 2022
Find me online
- Overlooked benefits of a joint child custody arrangement | Sheehan & Associates, P.L.C https://t.co/3dm1HimRp9 https://t.co/kKc8PV5L5S
- It's not a unicorn🦄 you may not be friends when it's over, but you can enter an agreement reasonably. The keys t… https://t.co/sRcsUGa5lv
- Options for dividing estate assets between siblings | Sheehan & Associates, P.L.C https://t.co/IX2CNc6HHg https://t.co/I20hO3bxoW