Heather J. Atnip
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Rochester, MI
Selected to Rising Stars: 2010, 2012
The founder and owner of Atnip & Associates, PLLC, Heather J. Atnip is known for her aggressive and vigorous litigation on behalf of her clients in Rochester, Michigan, and throughout the state. She focuses her practice primarily on plaintiff's personal injury law, with a special interest in helping those who have suffered catastrophic injuries when it is clear the other person is at fault.
Ms. Atnip completed her legal education at Wayne State University Law School and was awarded her Juris Doctor cum laude in 2006. While she was there, she participated in the trial advocacy program, and she also began working for a large insurance defense firm, a position she held for three years before switching to the plaintiff's side.
A passionate advocate for her clients, Ms. Atnip has a strong belief that injured people should be compensated for the losses they have suffered. Her prior experience working to defend insurance companies helped her hone her skills in going after them for her clients. She has since garnered many successful, large settlements and verdicts for her clients and has been recognized by the legal community. In 2015, the National Academy of Personal Injury Attorneys named her as one of the 10 best attorneys under age 40. Timothy J. Ryan & Associates named her as the top personal injury attorney in Michigan in 2015.
Ms. Atnip is an active participant in several professional organizations. She serves on the executive board of the Michigan Association for Justice. She is also a member of the State Bar of Michigan, the Macomb County Bar Association, the Women Lawyers Association of Michigan and the Brain Injury Association of Michigan.
- 70%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 30%Insurance Coverage
Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Brain Injury, Premises Liability - Plaintiff
- Super Lawyers: 2013 - 2022
- Rising Stars: 2010, 2012
About Heather J. Atnip
First Admitted: 2006
Professional Webpage: http://atniplawyers.com/
Pro bono/Community Service
- Brain Injury Association of Michigan, Member
- Pink Ribbon Alliance, Member
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers, The National Trial Lawyers
- Up & Coming Lawyers, Michigan Lawyers Weekly, 2011
- Super Lawyers, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Woman of the Year, National Association of Professional Women, 2014
- Top 40 Under 40, The National Trial Lawyers
- "10 Best" List by American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys, 2015
- Michigan Association for Justice (MAJ), Executive Board, Member
- Macomb County Bar Association, Trustee
- Women’s Bar Association, Member
- State Bar of Michigan, Member
- Spoken twice for the Michigan Association for Justice (MAJ) on the topics of cross-examining neuropsychologists and obtaining large verdicts
Last Updated: 5/15/2022