Christopher J. Hastings
Top rated personal injury attorney in Royal Oak, MichiganThe Hastings Injury Law Firm
Practice Areas: Personal injury, Transportation & maritime, Insurance coverage
Licensed in Michigan since: 1994
Education: University of Detroit Mercy School of Law
The Hastings Injury Law Firm117 W 4th St
Royal Oak, MI 48067 Visit website
Chris Hastings is the founder of The Hastings Injury Law Firm in Royal Oak, Michigan. Mr. Hastings is an experienced and accomplished trial lawyer specializing in personal injury and wrongful death cases of all types, including truck, auto and motorcycle accidents, railroad accidents (FELA claims), maritime accidents (Jones Act claims), construction site accidents, explosions, slip-and-fall accidents; and injuries caused by defective products, animal bites, tainted foods and toxic exposure to harmful substances. Mr. Hastings also represents individuals in insurance disputes or claim denials involving auto insurance, life insurance, homeowners insurance and all other types of insurance. Over the past 20 years, Mr. Hastings has consistently achieved some of the highest annual personal injury settlements and jury verdicts in the state of Michigan. Virtually all of his clients are referred by members of the legal community and by former clients.
Before he began representing injured persons exclusively, Mr. Hastings spent three years defending insurance companies and corporations as a member of a highly respected Michigan insurance defense law firm. That injury defense background has given Mr. Hastings an invaluable perspective that has helped him to achieve outstanding results for his clients.
Mr. Hastings graduated from the University of Detroit School of Law in 1994 and is an active member of several legal professional organizations, including the American and Michigan Associations for Justice, the State Bar of Michigan, and the Oakland County Bar Association. He is admitted to practice in all Michigan trial and appellate courts, federal courts and in the U.S. Supreme Court.
Practice areasPersonal injury - general: plaintiff, Transportation/maritime, Insurance coverage
- 90% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
- 10% Transportation/maritime
- 0% Insurance coverage
First Admitted: 1994, Michigan
Professional Webpage: http://www.thehastingslawfirm.com/attorneys/christopher-j-ha...
- NEGLIGENCE/SOCIAL HOST LIABILITY-WASHTENAW COUNTY-$3,225,000 SETTLEMENT: Negligence case against a national fraternity and its local chapter, arising from severe spinal injuries sustained by a 45 year old Ann Arbor resident when an 18 year old college freshman became highly intoxicated at a fraternity party and broke into the woman's home.
- LIFE INSURANCE DENIAL-EASTERN DISTRICT OF MICHIGAN-$1,100,000: Following the cancer-related death of a Spring Lake man, a Wisconsin life insurance carrier refused to pay $1 million in life insurance proceeds to the benficiaries of two life insurance policies. Representing the two beneficiaries, Chris Hastings was able to settle the case for the full amount of the policy ($1 million) plus an additional $100,000 in interest.
- MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT-WAYNE COUNTY-$500,000: A 48 year old female client sustained severe leg fractures and permanent scarring when she struck the rear of a van that suddenly pulled out in front of her in Livonia. The case settled prior to trial for $500,000, which was the full amount of the negligent driver's insurance policy limits.
- NATURAL GAS EXPLOSION--LIVINGSTON COUNTY--$3,200,000 SETTLEMENT: A 23 year old Livingston County woman was killed when her Green Oak Twp. home expoded due to a gas leak. The leak was determined to be the result of a crack in an underground gas main that caused natural gas to migrate into the basement of the house. After intensive litigation the family of the deceased woman received a $3.2 million settlement from the gas company and a contractor that had damaged the gas main years previously while installing a sewer line.
- SLIP & FALL-OAKLAND COUNTY-$480,000: A 50 year old John Deere executive from Clarkston slipped and fell on an unsalted parking surface outside of his office building in Troy. The evidence revealed that the snow removal contractor had plowed the lot after heavy snowfall, but had not applied salt on the plowed surface until several hours after plowiing, causing the parking surface to become extremely icy and treacherous.
- DBusiness Top Personal Injury Lawyers-Metro Detroit 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, DBusiness Magazine
- Michigan Super Lawyer 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
- Member, American Association for Justice, Railroad Law Section
- Member, Oakland County Bar Association
- State Bar of Michigan, 1994
- Member, State Bar of Michigan, Negligence Section
- Member, Michigan Association for Justice
- Michigan Trial and Appellate Courts, Federal Courts, and in the United States Supreme Court
- American Association For Justice
- Michigan Association For Justice
- Negligence Section
- Oakland County Bar Association
- Railroad Law Section
- State Bar Of Michigan
Office location for Christopher J. Hastings
117 W 4th St
Royal Oak, MI 48067
- Super Lawyers: 2011 - 2023