Top Rated Criminal Defense Attorney in Royal Oak, MI
- Free Consultation
A criminal defense attorney representing those who have been accused of committing a crime in Michigan, Lisa Dwyer is founder of the Law Office of Lisa Dwyer, P.C. While her focus is on criminal defense, she is also experienced in entertainment and sports law, appellate law and white collar criminal defense. In 2019, she was given the Exceptional Achievement Award from the Criminal Defense Attorneys of Michigan for her work representing her clients in federal court.
Ms. Dwyer graduated from the University of Detroit Mercy School of Law. Admitted to practice in the state of Michigan, she has almost three decades of experience and spent two decades practicing before the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan. Along with providing her clients with high-quality legal representation, she also serves her community as a two-term Mayor of the City of Clawson.
A council member of the Cannabis Law Section of the State Bar of Michigan, Ms. Dwyer graduated from the Criminal Justice Act Trial College and the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers Forensic Science College. With the same organization, she completed training in predictive policing software, risk assessment tools, DNA complex mixtures analysis and facial recognition software.
In 2018, Ms. Dwyer was asked to present for those earning continuing legal education credits with the Criminal Defense Attorneys of Michigan. Her experience in criminal defense includes federal crimes such as fraud and identity theft, health care fraud, gun and explosives cases, conspiracies, drug charges and RICO conspiracies. With an Avvo “Superb” rating, she is also experienced in representing those accused of home invasions, theft offenses, armed robberies, sex offenses, and violent and assault offenses.
About Lisa Dwyer
First Admitted: 1993, Michigan
- Saint Louis University, B.A. - Bachelor of Arts, 1990 Saint Louis University, Certificate in Science
Pro bono/Community Service
- Mayor, City of Clawson, 2 terms
- State Bar of Michigan Cannabis Law Section- council member, 2015
- Wayne County Criminal Defense Attorney Bar Association , 2003
- Oakland County Bar Foundation , 2005
- State Bar of Michigan Founder, an exclusive charitable arm of the state bar, appointed due to the excellent practice of law and commitment to community service.
- Americana Music Association, Member, 2012 - Present
- Criminal Defense Attorneys of Michigan, Constitutional Warrior, 2012 - Present
- Federal Bar Association, Sustaining Member, 2014 - Present
- National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws, Lifetime Member, 2016 - Present
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Lifetime Member, 2016 - Present
- State Bar of Michigan, 1993
- I presented at the fall seminar for practitioners earning CLE credits, Presenter, Cross-examination of Police Officers, Criminal Defense Attorneys of Michigan, Criminal Defense, 2018
- This presentation focuses on the scientific challenges to federal sentencing enhancements, per the ACCA, career offender guideline and 851 enhancements. , Presenter, Federal sentencing update , CDAM , Law, 2022
- Probation Violations, Criminal Law Committee Brown Bag, 2017
- Given to me and the team of attorneys representing the defendants in federal court on FGM charges, Exceptional Achievement, Criminal Defense Attorneys of Michigan, 2019
- Excellence in Criminal Defense Law, Lawyers of Distinction, 2018
- Top Lawyers, DBusiness, 2018
- Exceptional Achievement Award, Criminal Defense Attorneys of Michigan, 2019
- Exceptional Achievement in Criminal Law, Lawyers of Distinction, 2020
- US v Ragland: diversion granted for client who planted trip wires around his marijuana grow, 2021
- US v Ragland: 6th Circuit appeal from motion to dismiss both prohibited person counts; AUSA voluntarily remanded to district court to dismiss both counts, 2019
- Criminal Defense
- Entertainment (Music)
- Marijuana Law
Last Updated: 5/15/2022