Top rated medical malpractice attorney in Southfield, MichiganThurswell Law
Practice Areas: Medical malpractice, Personal injury; view more
Licensed in Michigan since: 1968
Education: Wayne State University Law School
Thurswell Law1000 Town Center
Southfield, MI 48075 Visit website
Gerald Thurswell represents people injured or killed as a result of auto, bus, truck & motorcycle accidents, birth injuries, medical malpractice, and police misconduct. Thurswell received his Juris Doctor Cum Laude at the age of 23 from Wayne State University Law School. He is a past president of the Association of Trial Lawyers of America, Metro Det., & is on the Executive Board of the Mich. Assoc. for Justice, Birth Trauma Litigation Group. He is admitted to practice law in MI, NY, DC, CO, IL, & the U.S. Supreme Court. His cases have received national & local attention and he has been a guest numerous times on TV & radio. Thurswell has lectured at Wayne State Law School. He is recognized in Who’s Who in American Law and Who’s Who in the World and Super Lawyers (5% of attorneys) for the past ten years. He has expertise and has obtained multi-millions of dollars in medical malpractice cases, motor vehicle accidents, police misconduct and complicated negligence cases. Recently, a child with cerebral palsy received an $11.5 million-dollar settlement. U.S. News – Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms” Detroit Tier - 1 Rankings in Medical Malpractice - Plaintiffs and Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs in 2018.
The firm has been involved in numerous seven-figure cases:
• $11.5 million settlement to child with developmental delays and cerebral palsy as a result of oxygen deprivation.
• $1.2 million dog bite.
• $4 million truck accident.
• $3.6 million for a baby who suffered brain damage during a vacuum delivery.
• $3.3 million motorcycle accident.
• $3 million settlement awarded for failure to timely diagnosis meningitis.
Practice areasPersonal injury - medical malpractice: plaintiff, Personal injury - general: plaintiff
Medical malpractice, Birth injury, Motor vehicle accidents, Personal injury - plaintiff
- 80% Personal injury - medical malpractice: plaintiff
- 20% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
First Admitted: 1968, Michigan
Professional Webpage: http://www.thurswell.com/our-firm/attorneys/gerald-thurswell...
- Wayne State University, Bachelor of Science, Honor: Dean’s List
- The Best Lawyers in America
- Super Lawyer by Law & Politics magazine
- Who’s Who in the World
- Who’s Who in American Law
- Who’s Who in the Midwest
- "AV" Preeminent Rating, Martindale-Hubble
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- District of Columbia
- New York
- State Bar of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- Attorney Discipline Board, Hearing Panel Chairman, State Bar of Michigan
- President, Metropolitan Detroit Chapter, Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- Member, American Association for Justice – BirthTrauma Litigation Group
- Motor Vehicle Trial Lawyers Association
- Million Dollar, Advocates Forum
- Member, Michigan Association for Justice Executive Board
- Member, Michigan Association for Justice PAC
- Brain Injury Association of Michigan
- Member, American Lawyer Academy
- Arbitrator, American Arbitration Association
- Facilitator, Oakland County Circuit Court
- Investigator and Arbitrator of Grievance Board, State Bar of Michigan
- Gerald Thurswell's testimony regarding the Senate Insurance Committee hearing on malpractice immunity bills., Jerry Thurswell's Testimony, 2012
Office location for Gerald Thurswell
1000 Town Center
Southfield, MI 48075
- Super Lawyers: 2006 - 2023
Top ListsTop 50: Michigan Consumer Super Lawyers: 2014 - 2017
Additional sources of information about Gerald Thurswell
Find me online
- @justgreatlawyer PLEASE REMOVE THIS: https://t.co/v2Tb8MsKOy -- Justin Simpson isn't a lawyer and is requesting this listing to be removed.
- Identifying #Negligence in Death Caused by Vape Pen Explosion https://t.co/1DlKOqw5zH #MichiganInjuryLawyer
- Sexual Harassment in the Workplace is Never OK https://t.co/Npq2z54dOA