Michael J. Morse
Top rated personal injury attorney in Southfield, MichiganMike Morse Injury Law Firm
Mike Morse is the founder of the largest personal injury law firm in Michigan, the Mike Morse Law Firm, and represents clients in Detroit and the surrounding metropolitan area. He handles matters of personal injury with a focus on auto, truck, and motorcycle accidents. Since being founded in 1995, the firm now has over 150 employees, has helped over 25,000 clients, and has collected more than $1 billion for accident victims.
Mike has received many accolades and awards throughout his career, including being named one of America’s 50 Most Influential Trial Lawyers by The National Law Journal and The Trial Lawyer Magazine, Lawyers Weekly Leader in the Law, Super Lawyer’s Top Rated Lawyer, and DBiz Top Lawyer. Additionally, Mike has received a number of Golden Gavel Awards for his award-winning commercials and has acquired coverage from well-known news outlets and renowned publications such as The Huffington Post, The Today Show, and Lawyers Weekly.
Apart from these awards, Mike has also been named an Amazon #1 Best-selling Author for his book called FIREPROOF that discusses the practice of law and how to build a successful law firm. He frequently travels to lecture on the topics from this book and to coach other lawyers around the country. Mike also has his own podcast, Open Mike, where he shares advice on the law and brings important legal topics to the forefront.
Outside of the firm, Mike loves to give back to the community. In 2014, he founded Project Backpack, a program that gives backpacks filled with school supplies to students in Detroit Public Schools. In 2020, the program celebrated its six year anniversary and has now donated over 190,000 backpacks to children in need.
Mike Morse is a native of Detroit, Michigan. He graduated with honors in 1989 and earned a Bachelors-of-Science in business at the University of Arizona. He then went on to the University of Detroit School of Law where he earned a Juris Doctor Degree Cum Laude.
Practice areasPersonal injury - general: plaintiff, Social security disability
Animal bites, Assault, Motor vehicle accidents, Personal injury - plaintiff, Slip and fall, Wrongful death, Dram shop laws, Construction accident, Brain injury, Sexual abuse - plaintiff, Toxic mold, Trucking accidents, Premises liability - plaintiff, Personal injury - defense
- 90% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
- 10% Social security disability
First Admitted: 1992, Michigan
Professional Webpage: https://www.855mikewins.com/team_member/mike-morse/
- University of Arizona, Bachelors of Science in Business, 1989
- Auto Accident Victim vs. Hastings Nutual Insurance CompanyOutcome: 1st and 3rd party arbitration -$1,003,500.00, 2010
- Chapter Author: Dog Bite, Chapter Author: Dog Bite, Michigan Causes of Action Formbook, ICLE , Personal Injury, 2017
- Litigating Neck & Back Injuries explains in detail the medical and legal aspects of common neck and back injuries, focusing on how to win larger settlements with better discovery, negotiation and trial techniques, Author, Litigating Neck and Back Injuries, James Publishing, Personal Injury, 2002
- Jesus, a successful triathlete, shares his experience when a bus blindsides him, and how he prevailed getting back on his feet to continue doing what he loves with the help and support of Mike Morse., Tri-Athlete Jesus Moreno's Comeback Story, Personal Injury, 2018
- Selected through a peer review survey, DBusiness Top Lawyer, DBusiness, 2019
- The highest level of professional excellence at which a firm can be ranked by its peers, AV Rated Lawyer, Martindale-Hubbell, 2017
- Given to honor individuals or organizations for outstanding achievement or service to the citizens of Detroit, The Spirit of Detroit Award will be presented to Mr. Morse for his donation of 23,000 backpacks full of school supplies to every Detroit Public Schools student in grades K through 5, Spirit of Detroit Award, City of Detroit, 2015
- Based solely on surveys about the workplace completed by their employees, Top Work Places, Detroit Free Press, 2015
- Based solely on surveys about the workplace completed by their employees, Top Work Places, Detroit Free Press, 2014
- Based solely on surveys about the workplace completed by their employees , Top Work Places, Detroit Free Press, 2013
- The survey, which sought to determine, among other things, whether employees understand the long-term strategy of the company and whether they feel they are being groomed for future leadership positions, accounted for 75 percent of the final ranking, while the combined scores determined the top companies and the final rankings, Cool Places to Work in Tough Times, Crain's Detroit Business, 2010
- Leaders in the Law highlights lawyers providing insight and information about these extraordinary leaders, Leader in the Law, Michigan Lawyer's Weekly, 2009
- The 21st Century Innovator award winners are blazing a trail for the legal community to follow, 21st Century Innovator, Michigan Lawyer's Weekly, 2009
- 150,000+ backpacks and school supplies donated to Detroit Public School students , 2019
- Case Evaluator Specialist, Appointed by State of MI, 2019
- American Association for Justice, Member, 2019
- State Bar of Michigan, Member, 2019
- American Association Of Justice
- Michigan Association Of Justice
Office location for Michael J. Morse
24901 Northwestern Highway
Southfield, MI 48075
- Super Lawyers: 2009 - 2018
Find me online
- This sweet, 3-month-old kitten is equal parts adventure-seeker and cuddle bug, especially when fuzzy blankets are i… https://t.co/6QtiDdh4c5
- We believe our clients are entitled to service that makes them feel seen, heard, and recognized in the wake of acci… https://t.co/FTl8TF1g3p
- Safety on the roads should be a top priority for everyone. And while driving safely is an important factor, the in… https://t.co/07BQIc13qZ