Robert M. Giroux
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Southfield, MI
Bob Giroux has been a litigation attorney for over 24 years. He is a true litigator and trial attorney that has worked both sides of the courtroom and has personally been involved in over 100 trials. He is a Super Lawyer and has received, from Martindale, Hubbell, an AV Preeminent rating, the highest rating obtainable in both proficiency and ethics.
Bob started Giroux Trial Attorneys to help people; to provide them with the focus and attention they deserve and to obtain a justified result for them. He has personally settled cases amounting to in excess of $170 million dollars cumulatively and has to his credit several, million dollar and multi-million dollar verdicts.
Giroux Trial Attorneys will help to make sure your legal matters are not one of them. Bob and the whole firm believe it is important for all of the lawyers to personally take your phone call, answer your questions and counsel you throughout the legal process, from start to finish. The law firm is not a large machine and you will not be treated as though you are simply a file number and handed off to an inexperienced attorney or support person.
Bob attended Oakland University in Rochester Hills, Michigan after which he attended Detroit College of Law, now known as MSU Law School. While attending Detroit College of law, Bob fell in love with the moot court program which presented him with his first opportunities to argue in the courtroom. Moot Court is an extracurricular activity in which students take part in simulated court proceedings and participate in oral arguments. Bob was invited into the Moot Court program at DCL following an all school oralist competition which he won. Bob was an oralist on a Moot Court and then a Moot Court coach in his final year of law school. Bob feels at home in the courtroom and participating in oral arguments and trials because it requires hard work, dedication and a strong desire to win. Bob has always taken pride in his work ethic and determination.
Bob graduated from Detroit College of Law January of 1993, after which he passed the bar and was admitted to practice law in May of 1993. Bob first worked at Fieger, Fieger & Schwartz in 1993 and 1994. He then went to work on the defense side for seven years at a large defense firm in Farmington Hills known as Kohl, Secrest, Wardle, Lynch, Clark & Hampton. Bob tried numerous cases as a defense attorney and had attained the title of Senior Litigation Attorney before deciding to leave the defense side to go back to work for plaintiffs meaning, those persons or companies bringing lawsuits to enforce rights. Back on the plaintiff side of the courtroom, Bob spent 14 years at Fieger, Fieger, Kenney & Giroux where he spent the last seven years as Partner and the last year as Managing Partner during which Bob was responsible for a staff of more than 50 while maintaining his regular trial schedule and assisting others with their files.
Bob lives in Novi, Michigan with his wife whom he married while in law school and their three children.
Bob has been admitted to courts and litigated cases in the following states: Indiana, Pennsylvania, California, Ohio, Florida, South Carolina, Kansas, Missouri, Oklahoma, and Kentucky.
- 40%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 30%Civil Rights
- 30%Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
Animal Bites, Assault, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Wrongful Death, Dram Shop Laws, Construction Accident, Brain Injury, Trucking Accidents, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Police Misconduct, Medical Malpractice, Birth Injury, Delayed or Incorrect Diagnosis
- Super Lawyers: 2010 - 2022
About Robert M. Giroux
First Admitted: 1993, Michigan
Professional Webpage: https://www.greatmiattorneys.com/team/bob-giroux
Pro bono/Community Service
- National Police Accountability Project
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Michigan, U.S. District Court Western District of Michigan, U.S. District Court Southern District of Indiana, U.S. District Court Southern District of Indiana, U.S. District Court Western District of Pennsylvania, U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit, U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit, U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit
- Federal Circuit Court for Appeals in the 11th Circuit
- American Association for Justice, Member
- National Police Accountability Project, Member
- Federal District Court for the Southern District of Indiana
- Federal District Court for the Western District of Oklahoma
- Federal Circuit Court for Appeals in the 10th Circuit
- Michigan Association for Justice, Member
- South Carolina
- Litigation Section of the Michigan Bar, Member
- Federal District Court for the Western District of Michigan
- Federal District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- Federal Circuit Court for Appeals in the 7th Circuit
- Oakland County Bar Association, Member
- Negligence Section of the Michigan Bar, Member
- Federal District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- Federal District Court for the Northern District of Indiana
- Federal Circuit Court for Appeals in the 6th Circuit
- Oakland University, B.A., 1988
- AV Preeminent rating, Martindale Hubbell
- Michigan Super Lawyers list, 2010- 2020
- Moot Court team, Oralist, Michigan State University College of Law
- Super Lawyer
- Moot Court coach, Michigan State University College of Law
- Michigan State University College of Law, Moot Court program, DCL
- Senior Litigation Attorney
Last Updated: 5/15/2022