Caridad (Carrie) Pastor
Top rated immigration attorney in Troy, MichiganPastor & Associates P.C.
Practice Areas: Immigration
Licensed in Michigan since: 1990
Education: New York University School of Law
Languages Spoken: Albanian, Arabic, English, French, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish, Chinese-Mandarin
Ms. Pastor has worked in the areas of immigration law for over 30 years graduating from NYU School of Law as a Root Tilden Snow scholar. She is admitted into practice in New York and Michigan. She handles immigration cases nationwide. She focuses primarily on federal immigration litigation before the federal district courts and federal appellate courts.
She was recently appointed to the Government Relations Committee of the Federal Bar Association. She is the co chair of the Immigration Committee of the Federal Bar Association Eastern District of Michigan.
She is admitted to practice before the U.S. Supreme Court, the U.S. Second Circuit Court of Appeals, the U.S. Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals, the U.S. Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals, U.S. District Court-Maryland, U.S. District Court - Eastern District of New York, U.S. District Court-Southern District of New York, U.S. Eastern District of Texas, U.S. District Court - Northern District of Texas, U.S. District Court - D.C. District, U.S. District Court-Eastern District of Michigan and the U.S. District Court-Western District of Michigan.
She has offices in New York City, NY, and Troy, Michigan.
First Admitted: 1990, Michigan
Professional Webpage: https://www.pastorandassociates.com/attorneys/carrie-pastor-...
- Pro Bono Recognition FBA- EDMI
- Strategic Partnership of MichiganState Bar of Michigan Criminal Justice Initiatives, 2008
- Interview where I had stopped the deportation of a father with very ill children., Fox 2 Detroit News
- Full scholarship to attend NYU law school. Represented Third federal Circuit. , Root Tilden Snow Scholarship, NYU School of Law, 1986
- Awarded in the area of Immigration law., Michigan's Top Attorneys, American Registry, 2011
- Awarded two years in a row for pro bono representation in civil cases before the Court., Pro Bono Appreciation Award, U.S. District Court-Eastern District of Michigan
- For achievements in advancing the culture of Latino Americans in business, Latino American's Who's Who, 2015
- J.D. from NYU School of Law, 1989
- Client brought in as a child. His father was a U.S. citizen but was told there were some issues with his citizenship so that the child could not receive his green card. Child was paroled in and 11 years later, I filed for the green card, argued the case and won. That child is now a member of the US army risking his life for us., 2014
- Cancellation of Removal granted for women doing ALS research in the USA., 2019
- Reopened a case in immigration court and won the green card for a client who entered the USA when she was 14 years old and was deported when she was 16. Now at 28, married to a US citizen with 4 children, she lived in fear and could not obtain a drivers license to take her kids to school or accompany them on field trips because of her fear of being discovered. This all ended when the case was reopened and she was awarded her green card., 2016
- Chebli v. Chertoff 2007 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 64904, - a delayed naturalization mandamus case in the U.S. Court for the Eastern District of Michigan in which the court held that the USCIS had 120 days from date of examination to adjudicate citizenship application., 2008
- Spoke on a panel on issues of Custom and Border Protection profiling and random stops., Speaker, Living in the Militarized Border Zone, National Lawyers Guild - Immigration Project, 2016
- Appointed to Government Relations Committee of Federal Bar Association, 2020
- Co Chair Immigration Committee of Federal Bar Association EDMI
- 2006 - 2012 State Bar of Michigan - Justice Initiative Committee; American Immigration Lawyers Association Federal Bar Association - Eastern District of Michigan Chapter chair Immigration Committe, National Lawyers Guild Immigration Project, ACLU Cooperating Attorney
- Super Lawyers: 2008 - 2011, 2017 - 2022