As a managing partner at The Law Office of Dion Roddy, Dion Roddy is committed to serving his clients in the Dearborn, Michigan, area. His law office focuses on family law and focuses specifically on adoptions. His practice handles direct, interstate, stepparent, relative and adult adoptions as well as contested termination cases. His practice also focuses on adoption-related and Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART) cases, including egg donation, embryo transfers and uncompensated surrogacy.
Mr. Roddy earned his Bachelor of Arts from the University of Michigan and went on to graduate magna cum laude with his Juris Doctor from Wayne State University Law School in 2012. He is admitted to practice law in the state of Michigan and earned his license in 2013. Evidence of his legal skill and ethics, Mr. Roddy has earned a "Superb" rating of 10.0 through the peer review service Avvo, which is the highest rating a lawyer can receive.
Mr. Roddy spent much of his early career in family law after discovering a passion for helping families grow through adoption. He remains highly active in the community. He serves as the chair of the adoption subcommittee of the family law section of the State Bar of Michigan. He is also a noted fellow for the Oakland County Bar Foundation and a member of the Oakland County Bar Association. He also holds active memberships with the State Bar of Michigan and the American Bar Association. As an adoptive parent himself, Mr. Roddy offers unique perspectives and experience in his field as he works to help people to form new families.
Practice areasFamily Law
- 100% Family Law
First Admitted: 2013, Michigan
Professional Webpage: http://www.michigan-adoptions.com/about-us-0
- Single persons and married couples seeking adoption, surrogacy, egg donation, and embryo donation. Birthmothers and birthparents seeking representation in order to place children for adoption.
- State Bar of Michigan, Member
- Chairman, Adoption Committee of the Family Law Section, State Bar of Michigan, 2017
- American Bar Association, Member
- Wayne State University Law School, Cum Laude, 2012
- Familiy Law Assistance Project, Lakeshore Legal Aid, Cooley Law School., 2014
- Oakland County Bar Foundation, Fellow and member
- Obtained favorable decision for my clients in contested stepparent adoption case terminating parental rights of noncustodial parent who had not supported or maintained contact with child for over two years. , 2016
Office location for Dion Roddy
2950 W Square Lake Rd
Troy, MI 48098
- Rising Stars: 2017 - 2023