Sarah E. Kuchon
Top rated personal injury attorney in Troy, MichiganHohauser Kuchon
Practice Areas: Personal injury
Licensed in Michigan since: 2000
Education: Michigan State University College of Law
Hohauser Kuchon363 West Big Beaver Road
Troy, MI 48084 Phone: 248-619-0700 Email: Sarah E. Kuchon Visit website
As a shareholder at Hohauser Kuchon, Sarah E. Kuchon is committed to representing injured people throughout the State of Michigan. She focuses her practice on wrongful death and personal injury cases that involve automobile accidents, no-fault insurance, dog bites, dram shop liability, bus accidents, truck accidents, motorcycle accidents, medical malpractice, food poisoning and other injury matters.
Upon receiving a Bachelor of Arts from the University of Michigan-Flint, Ms. Kuchon went on to earn a Juris Doctor and graduate cum laude from Michigan State University College of Law in 2000. Ms. Kuchon is currently pursuing a Master's degree in Counseling from Oakland University.
Personal injury cases can run the spectrum from simple mistakes to highly complex medical and scientific matters. With over two decades of experience, Ms. Kuchon understands how to navigate the intricate details often associated with cases involving victims of negligence. With a focus on the details and a commitment to clients, Ms. Kuchon works tirelessly to secure compensation for those who have suffered. She believes in keeping open communication with clients and takes a practical and professional approach to fighting on their behalf.
Active in the legal community, Ms. Kuchon currently serves as a Commissioner for the State Bar of Michigan and as Secretary on the Executive Board for the Oakland County Bar Association. Ms. Kuchon formally served on the Representative Assembly for the State Bar of Michigan. Ms. Kuchon holds memberships with the State Bar of Michigan, the Oakland County Bar Association, the Michigan State Bar Foundation, the Oakland County Bar Foundation, the Women Lawyers Association of Michigan, and the Oakland County Region of the Women Lawyers Association of Michigan as well as The Michigan Association for Justice and the American Counseling Association. She has also served on the Board of Directors for Homes for Autism, was a recipient of the Volunteer Award from the Women's Survival Center of Oakland County for her service in 2004 and received the Professionalism Award from the Oakland County Bar Association in 2017. Ms. Kuchon was named to the 2019 Class of Women in the Law by Michigan Lawyers Weekly and was named as a Top Lawyer by DBusiness. Ms. Kuchon previously taught litigation and now teaches auto law at Oakland University.
First Admitted: 2000
Professional Webpage: http://www.hohauserkuchon.com/our-team/sarah-e-kuchon/
- Author, "Point: Recovery of Pecuniary Damages for Breach of No-Fault Contract"
- Feature Article discussing the Michigan No-Fault Insurance system, the recent changes to the statute, and the issues consumers face when purchasing automobile insurance., Author, Michigan Auto Insurance: Know What You Are Buying, Laches, August 2019, Oakland County Bar Association Members, 2019
- Volunteer Award 2004, Women's Survival Center, 2004
- Profressionalism Award, Oakland County Bar Association, 2017
- Cum laude, Michigan State University College of Law, 2000
- Co-Captain for Circuit-Probate Court Bench Bar Conference Oakland County Bar Association, 2015
- State Bar of Michigan, Commissioner, Representative Assembly, Member
- Co-chair Cicuit-Probate Court Bench/Bar Conference, 2017
- Oakland County Bar Association, Sustaining Member, Director at Large Board of Directors, Cicuit Court Committee, Diversity Committee, Membership Committee
- Oakland County Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Women Lawyers Association of Michigan, Member and Director at Large Board of Directors
- Discovery Facilitator, Circuit Court Committee, Oakland County Bar Associaiton
- Michigan State Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Women's Bar Association of Oakland County, Member
- Secretary, Homes for Autism Board of Directors, 2006-2008
- Program Committee, Oakland County Bar Associaiton, 2017-present, 2017
- Pursuing Masters in Counseling, Oakland University, 2019
- J.D., Michigan State University College of Law, cum laude, 2000
- B.A., University of Michigan-Flint, 1997
- Commissioner State Bar of Michigan
- Director At Large Oakland County Bar Association Board Of Directors
- Director At Large Women Lawyers Associaiton Of Michigan
- Member Michigan Association For Justice
- Representative Assembly State Bar of Michigan
- Super Lawyers: 2014 - 2023