Top rated Civil Litigation attorney in Troy, MichiganVandeveer Garzia, PC
Victor Balta is an appellate attorney at the law firm McKeen & Associates, P.C., which has offices in Michigan – in Detroit and South Haven – and Ottawa, Ohio. Concentrating on appearing in personal injury cases, he has been in the service of the people of Michigan for about a decade. He primarily helps his clients file appeals and present their cases related to medical malpractice and other personal injury matters.
Graduating summa cum laude from the Michigan State University College of Law, Mr. Balta secured a Doctor of Jurisprudence degree in 2013. He was honored with the university’s Jurisprudence Achievement Award for his academic excellence in various subjects. In addition, he was selected as the managing editor of the Michigan State Law Review and as a member of The Geoffrey Fieger Trial Practice Institute, from where he obtained a certificate in trial practice as well. He also holds a summa cum laude degree in business administration with a major in finance from the Georgia State University.
As a law student, Mr. Balta has served as an extern at the Ingham County Probate Court where he worked on a variety of areas – investigating petitions, testifying on behalf of incapacitated individuals, conducted reviews of guardianship and verified compliance of decedent estate creation statutes. He has also externed at the Michigan Court of Appeals’ research division, drafting judicial research reports and researching various civil and criminal acts.
Gaining experience handling appellate matters at a reputed firm in Michigan for over eight years, Mr. Balta pursued his interest in being able to give people a second chance at obtaining justice. He obtained favorable judgements in complex appeals pertaining to gross negligence, employment discrimination, professional misconduct and statutory immunity. He has also argued matters related to the Michigan Governmental Tort Liability Act, the Michigan Ski Area Safety Act, the Elliot-Larsen Civil Rights Act and several more.
Mr. Balta has made a lasting impression in the hearts of the people he has served, who have left several five-star reviews on various digital venues. He is rated “Very Good” on Avvo and was named to the list of Top 40 Under 40 by The National Trial Lawyers.
Practice areasCivil Litigation: Defense, Appellate
- 90% Civil Litigation: Defense
- 10% Appellate
First Admitted: 2013, Michigan
Professional Webpage: https://www.mckeenassociates.com/attorney/balta-victor/
- Academic paper focusing on the rights of pretrial detainees, cruel and unusual punishment from the using of pepper spray on restrained inmates, and advancing a framework that all courts could adopt to protect the rights of pretrial detainees from this harm., Setting Fire to the Devil's Chair: Using a Uniform Rochin Approach to Protect Pretrial Detainees
- , Thompson Super Lawyers® – Michigan: Rising Stars, 2021 – 2023
- , The National Trial Lawyers – Top 40 Under 40, 2021 – 2023
- Georgia State University, Atlanta, Georgia, B.A., Honors: summa cum laude, Major: Business Administration, Major: Finance - 2009
- Michigan, 2013
Office location for Victor Balta
840 West Long Lake Rd
Troy, MI 48098
- Rising Stars: 2021 - 2023