William E. Berlin
Top rated family law attorney in Troy, MichiganBerlin Family Law Group
Practice Areas: Family law; view more
Licensed in Michigan since: 1990
Education: Wayne State University Law School
Berlin Family Law Group901 Wilshire Dr
Troy, MI 48084 Visit website
William E. Berlin, of Berlin Family Law Group in Troy, Michigan, is a highly experienced family law attorney. Mr. Berlin handles family law matters involving divorce, alimony, child custody, child support, paternity, parenting time and other issues. He has 30 years of experience and serves clients in Troy and throughout Michigan.
Over the course of his decades in practice, Mr. Berlin has helped numerous Michigan residents facing challenging and complex family law issues, providing advice and guidance through each step of the process. He understands the difficult and emotional time his clients are facing and uses his knowledge and experience to help achieve the best possible resolution for each client’s situation.
In addition to running his law practice, Mr. Berlin is an active member of his legal community, participating in various organizations and committees. He belongs to the State Bar of Michigan and regularly speaks at the organization’s family law section events. He is a former member of the Oakland County Friend of the Court Citizens Advisory Committee.
Mr. Berlin is a former board member of the Farber Hebrew Day School, the Yad Ezra food bank and the Yeshiva Beth Yehudah. He sits on the board of Young Israel of Oak Park and volunteers his time with the Lakeshore Legal Aid pro bono program.
Mr. Berlin received a bachelor’s degree from Wayne State University and earned his law degree from Wayne State University Law School. He received his license to practice law in 1990, which made him eligible to appear and practice before all Michigan state courts.
Practice areasFamily law
Alimony & spousal support, Child support, Custody & visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic violence
- 100% Family law
First Admitted: 1990, Michigan
Professional Webpage: http://www.berlinfamilylawgroup.com/aboutus/
- State Bar of Michigan, Member
- Oakland County Citizen Friend of the Court Advisory Committee. I occupy the position reserved for a family lawyer. I was appointed to this seat in 2005 by the Oakland County Board of Commissioners. In 2008 I was appointed chairman of the committee. Our purpose is to advise the board of Commissioners and the Court on the performance of the Friend of the Court’s duties and responsibilities under the law. We also advise the Board of Commissioners and the Court on the needs of the community relating to the Friend of the Court services. The Committee gathers data from these sources and through citizen participation. The findings are then reported to the Board of Commissioners, the Court, State Court Administrative Office, the Governor of Michigan, and various other legislative bodies in Michigan for their review. I also participate in the interview process of potential new Friend of the Court referees., 2005
- Served on the board of directors for Yad Ezra, a food bank in Oakland County; Served on the board of directors for Akiva Hebrew Day School; Served on the board of directors for Yeshiva Beth Yehudah. Currently serving on the board of directors for Young Israel of Oak Park.
- Oakland-Livingston Legal Aid Certificate of Recognition Dads and Moms of Michigan Order of Merit
- BA, Wayne State UniversityJD, Wayne State University Law School
- Successfully tried Webber v. Webber in Oakland County. This case was listed by Judge Breck, on his application for the federal bench, as one of the seven most significant cases he has presided over.
- Authored "Honey, Quit Bugging Me," an analysis of state and federal law on interspousal wiretapping.
- Frequent speaker, Family Law Section
- Published an article for the Family Law Journal for the Family Law Section of the State Bar of Michigan entitled "What's the Matzoh With This Marriage" dealing with Jewish divorce for secular family lawyers., What's the Matzoh with this Marriage?, Michigan Family Law Journal, Family Law Section Of The State Bar Of Michigan, 2017
- Oakland-Livingston Legal Aid Pro Bono Program.
Office location for William E. Berlin
901 Wilshire Dr
Troy, MI 48084
- Super Lawyers: 2020 - 2023