Derek A. Patrin
Top Rated DUI-DWI Attorney in Andover, MN
Selected to Rising Stars: 2005, 2007 - 2008, 2011 - 2013
Derek A. Patrin is an experienced DWI defense attorney serving the Greater Twin Cities and surrounding areas of Minnesota. After working for a large downtown firm, representing large corporations for two years, Mr. Patrin decided that his passion was with the "little guy." So, he began practicing DWI defense in 2001. Now as an attorney at Meaney & Patrin, P.A., Mr. Patrin manages cases involving DUI/DWI, traffic violations and various other aspects of criminal law.
Recognized for his contributions in the areas of law, Mr. Patrin has a proven record of success for his clients. He was publicly recognized for his successful representation in the case of Jones v. Commissioner of Public Safety. This is but one example of a successfully litigated DWI case. In addition to his success record, Mr. Patrin has a 10 out of 10 Avvo rating, which classifies his practice as "superb."
DWI cases can be complex and challenging. Mr. Patrin is not afraid to challenge the harsh penalties for DWI and get results for his clients that will help protect their futures. While he understands the reasons Minnesota's DWI laws are in place, he believes there is room to fight for the civil rights of Minnesota drivers.
As a member of the Minnesota State Bar Association and the 10th District Bar Association, Mr. Patrin stays abreast of current legal trends. He is regularly selected to provide information and insight to publications and conferences, and has received numerous positive client and peer reviews.
About Derek A. Patrin
First Admitted: 1999, Minnesota
Professional Webpage: https://www.dwiguys.com/attorney/patrin-derek-a/
- 10 out of 10 Avvo rating
- University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota, B.S. in International Relations & Chinese Language and Literature, 1996
- Jones v. Commissioner of Public Safety, Minn. App., 660 N.W.2d 472, 2003
- State v. Brunner (Underdahl), 767 N.W.2d 677 (Minn.), 2009
- Minnesota, 1999
- Member, 10th District Bar Association
- Member, Minnesota State Bar Association
Other Outstanding Achievements
- Recognized by MACDL for Special Achievement for prominent role in statewide Intoxilyzer 5000 litigation and appeal, 2011
- Named as one of the Attorneys of the Year by Minnesota Lawyer for prominent role in statewide Intoxilyzer 5000 litigation and appeal, 2011
- Won at Minnesota Supreme Court in State v. Underdahl/Brunner, which granted criminal DWI defendants the right to request discovery of the source code of the Intoxilyzer 5000 for analysis., 2009
- Supreme Court rules out suing police for Miranda violations https://t.co/o2sG3F96Hn https://t.co/o5i8lklMPN
- Minnesota Nets Second-Most Academic All-Americans in School History - University of Minnesota Athletics… https://t.co/KiTKJqxLl3
- Abortion remains legal in Minnesota https://t.co/jJSIVsD9rA https://t.co/cBwwf0PRKI
- @benbbaldwin @NickKendellMHH Amen
- Well there it is. Another sad day in American History. https://t.co/uKgdA0sUAO
Last Updated: 5/15/2022