Christine J. Cassellius
Top rated family law attorney in Apple Valley, MinnesotaDougherty, Molenda, Solfest, Hills & Bauer P.A.
Attorney Christine J. Cassellius is a shareholder with the law firm of Dougherty, Molenda, Solfest, Hills & Bauer P.A. in Apple Valley, Minnesota. Serving clients throughout Dakota County and the surrounding areas, Ms. Cassellius devotes the majority of her private practice exclusively to family law.
A highly rated attorney, Ms. Cassellius works hard to protect the rights and best interests of those going through a divorce with all of their legal challenges involving child custody and support, parents' rights, alimony, property division and more.
In addition to her family law practice, Ms. Cassellius also serves the city of Apple Valley as a criminal defense attorney. A veteran of numerous jury trials and appeals, she has achieved notable success helping her clients fight the charges they face in order to secure the most favorable outcomes possible.
A Minnesota native, Ms. Cassellius received her Bachelor of Arts in criminology and sociology from the University of Minnesota Duluth. She then attended Mitchell Hamline School of Law, where she obtained her Juris Doctor in 2000. That same year, the Minnesota State Bar Association admitted her to practice, and she is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota. She served as judicial clerk for the Honorable Harry Crump of the 4th Judicial District from 2000-2002.
Fully committed to both her practice and her community, Ms. Cassellius is very active with the Minnesota State Bar Association, where she is an assembly member and served as a voting delegate from 2010-2012. She volunteers her legal services with Legal Assistance of Dakota County, Ltd., and sits on the organization's board of directors. She is also a past board member of the Eagan Foundation, Inc., and involved with the Apple Valley Chamber of Commerce.
As evidence of her exceptional professionalism and service, Ms. Cassellius holds a Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished* rating, and Minnesota Law & Politics Magazine has named her a Rising Star since 2008.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasFamily law, State, local & municipal
Child support, Custody & visitation, Divorce, Marital property, Father's rights
- 60% Family law
- 40% State, local & municipal
First Admitted: 2000, Minnesota
Professional Webpage: http://www.dmshb.com/Attorneys/Christine-J-cassellius.shtml
- Board of Directors Legal Assistance Dakota County, 2011 - Present
- Apple Valley Chamber of Commerce
- Volunteer Attorney Legal Assistance Dakota County, 2009 - Present
- Eagan Foundation, Board of Directors, 2005-2007
- Pinewood PTO, President, 2012
- St. John Neumann Church, Member
- State v. Brooks, Minn. App. Unpub. LEXIS 615 (Minn. Ct. App. 2010)
- Wisness v. Wisness, 2009 Minn. App. Unpub. LEXIS 234 (Minn. App. 2009)
- Kerr v. Kerr, 770 N.W. 2d 567 (Minn. Ct. App. 2009)
- State v. Demars, 2005 Minn. App. LEXIS 23 (Minn. App. 2005)
- State v. Ford, Minn. App. Unpub. LEXIS 325 (Minn. Ct. App. 2010)
- Tweeton v. State, 2007 Minn. App. Unpub. LEXIS 593, review denied 2007 Minn. LEXIS 490 (Minn. App. 2007)
- University of Minnesota - Duluth, B.A., Criminology/Sociology
- Minnesota State Bar Association Assembly, Member
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Member
- U.S. District Court, District of Minnesota
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Voting Delegate, 2010 - 2012
- 2011 Up and Coming Attorney, Minnesota Lawyer
- Rising Stars List, 2008 - 2014
- Exemplary Pro Bono Attorney, MN Supreme Court
- Super Lawyers List, 2015-2017
Office location for Christine J. Cassellius
14985 Glazier Avenue
Apple Valley, MN 55124
- Super Lawyers: 2015 - 2022
- Rising Stars: 2008 - 2014