Cortney E. Whitehouse
Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Bloomington, MN
Selected to Rising Stars: 2011 - 2014
A partner at Bloch & Whitehouse, P.A., located in Bloomington, Minnesota, Cortney E. Whitehouse concentrates on family law and alternative dispute resolution. Her specific areas of focus include contested and uncontested divorce cases, child visitation and custody issues, high-asset and business owner divorces, spousal maintenance, child custody and support agreement modifications, prenuptial agreements, mediation and collaborative law. Ms. Whitehouse's geographical practice areas include the city of Bloomington and the entire Twin Cities metropolitan area.
After receiving a Bachelor of Science in sociology with distinction from the University of Iowa in 1998, Ms. Whitehouse earned her Juris Doctor cum laude from the University of Minnesota Law School in 2001 and was admitted to practice in Minnesota that year. During law school, she served as a law clerk at the office of the Hennepin County Attorney. Ms. Whitehouse is a qualified family mediator and social and financial early neutral evaluator under Rule 114 of the Minnesota General Rules of Practice for the District Courts and is also a member of The Collaborative Law Institute of Minnesota.
Ms. Whitehouse is a current member of the family law sections of the Hennepin County Bar Association and the Minnesota State Bar Association as well as Co-Chair of the Solo / Small Firm Affinity Group at Minnesota Women Lawyers.
Prior to becoming a partner at Bloch & Whitehouse, P.A., Ms. Whitehouse worked as an associate attorney at a family law firm in Lake Elmo, Minnesota.
An active member of the Twin Cities legal community, Ms. Whitehouse performs pro bono work for Cornerstone, which strives to prevent and help victims of domestic abuse, and the Volunteer Lawyers Network Family Law Clinic. She has also given freely of her time to the Dakota County Family Court Self Help Center.
About Cortney E. Whitehouse
First Admitted: 2001, Minnesota
Professional Webpage: http://www.mndivorcefamilylaw.com/attorneys/cortney-whitehou...
- Cum Laude, University of Minnesota Law School, 2001
- Managing the Financial Aspects of Divorce, Securian, 2009
- Trained Social and Financial Early Neutral Evaluator, Minnesota Judicial Branch
- Member, International Association of Collaborative Professionals
- Co-Chair of Solo / Small Firm Affinity Group. , Minnesota Women Lawyer
- Member, Collaborative Law Institute
- Member, Minnesota State Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Family Mediator, Qualified Neutral Under Rule 114, Minnesota Supreme Court
- Member, Hennepin County Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Minnesota, 2001
- Minnesota Supreme Court, Family Mediator, Qualified Neutral Under Rule 114; Certified Social and Financial Early Neutral Evaluator
- University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa, B.S., in Sociology, With Honors and Distinction, 1998
Pro bono/Community Service
- Co-Chair of Minnesota Women Lawyers Solo / Small Firm Affinity Group , 2014
- Panel Attorney for Hennepin County Bar Association Unbundled Legal Service Family Law Project, 2008 - Present
- Volunteer Attorney for Legal Assistance of Dakota County Family Law Clinic, 2008 - Present
- Volunteer Attorney for Volunteer Lawyers Network Family Law Clinic, 2005 - 2009
- Panel Mediator for Volunteer Lawyer's Network Mediation and Default Calendar
- Volunteer Attorney for Volunteer Lawyers Network Family Law Clinic, 2009 - Present
- Volunteer Attorney for Resource Center for Fathers and Families, 2005 - 2009
- Volunteer Mediator for Ramsey County Pro Bono Mediation Project, 2010 - Present
- Volunteer Attorney for Cornerstone, 2005 - Present
Last Updated: 5/15/2022