Brent R. Olson
Top rated family law attorney in Duluth, MinnesotaOlson, Poole & Envall, P.A.
Brent R. Olson has a varied practice that encompasses family law matters, criminal defense, workers’ compensation claims, and personal injury and wrongful death litigation. He is an attorney at LaCourse, Poole & Envall, P.A., and he represents clients throughout the greater Duluth metropolitan area and other portion of the Minnesota Iron Range region.
Mr. Olson attended the University of Minnesota Duluth and graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in 2006. He then went on to pursue his legal education at the University of North Dakota School of Law, and in 2009, he was awarded his Juris Doctor. Mr. Olson has been admitted to practice before all Minnesota state courts since 2009, and he is also admitted to practice in Wisconsin.
The primary portion of Mr. Olson’s practice is centered on family law. In this regard, he has assisted numerous clients whose marriages have irretrievably broken down and helped them deal with property division, parenting time issues, and child and spousal support. Mr. Olson will fight vigorously on their behalf in court in the event that negotiation talks have broken down and mediation sessions have not produced a satisfactory result. He has also represented people who have been the victims of domestic abuse and who need the court to issue orders of protection.
Other of Mr. Olson's clients have been injured on the job and need to file claims for benefits under their employer’s workers’ compensation insurance coverage or need his assistance to appeal a denial of a claim that has previously been submitted. He has also worked with clients who have been harmed by the negligence of other parties in car crashes and other catastrophic incidents, and other cases he has handled have included the defense of criminal charges.
Practice areasFamily law, Criminal defense, Personal injury - general: plaintiff, Workers' compensation: claimant
Divorce, Felony, Personal injury - plaintiff
- 70% Family law
- 10% Criminal defense
- 10% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
- 10% Workers' compensation: claimant
First Admitted: 2009, Minnesota
Professional Webpage: https://northlandlawyers.com/our-team/brent-r-olson/
- Member - National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, 2018
- Member - American Academy of Forensic Science, 2016
- Member - State Bar of Wisconsin, 2018
- Member - Minnesota State Bar Association, 2018
- University of Minnesota, Duluth, B.A. With Distinction, 2006
- Presented on legal issues in Specialty Courts, Presenter, Legal Issues in Specialty Courts, State of Minnesota Specialty Courts Conference, 2017
- Presented with appreciation for over six years of service as a Public Defender, Fulfilling Gideon, Sixth Judicial District Public Defenders Office, 2018
Office location for Brent R. Olson
130 West Superior Street
Suite 430, US Bank Building
Duluth, MN 55802
- Rising Stars: 2020 - 2023