DeAnne L. Dulas
Top rated family law attorney in Eagan, MinnesotaSheridan, Dulas, Hunstad & Kins, P.A.
As shareholder and partner at Sheridan & Dulas, P.A., DeAnne L. Dulas represents clients throughout the state of Minnesota, including Eagan, the Twin Cities and the surrounding areas. She focuses her practice on family law cases that involve the following matters: divorce, alimony, property division, modifications, high net worth divorce, custody, child support, prenuptial agreements, paternity and same-sex family law.
After graduating Summa Cum Laude with a Bachelor of Arts from the University of Minnesota in 1992, Ms. Dulas earned a Juris Doctor from the University of Minnesota Law School in 1995.
For more than 20 years, Ms. Dulas has been dedicated to helping clients resolve family law matters. Taking a comprehensive approach to every case, she understands that the process and needs for each family are different. She provides sound guidance regarding each situation and she advocates for her client's best interests. Ms. Dulas uses collaborative and cooperative techniques to reach a favorable outcome, whether she is litigating on her clients' behalf or working with them outside the courtroom. Ms. Dulas focuses her practice on making sure her clients have all of the information they need to make informed decisions about their options and the pros and cons of those options in the context of their short-term and long-term goals. Ms. Dulas strives to empower her clients to make informed decisions that will benefit them now and in the future.
In her early career, Ms. Dulas was Minnesota Law & Politics magazine recognized Ms. Dulas on its Rising Stars list multiple times. Ms. Dulas has presented at CLEs on topics including child support, pre-nuptial agreements and legal ethics.
Active in the legal community, Ms. Dulas is a member of the Minnesota State Bar Association, the First District Bar Association and the Dakota County Bar Association. Ms. Dulas was a longstanding member of the First District Ethics Committee and served her final six years on the Committee as the Committee Chair. Ms. Dulas has also served on the Board of Legal Assistance of Dakota County since 2001, serves on its executive committee and is a five-time past-president. Ms. Dulas was a member of Minnesota Women Lawyers and served on the Judicial Elections committee for many years and also as the Committee Chair.
Ms. Dulas was featured in Attorney at Law Magazine, November 2016 issue of Women in the Law. For four years, she also hosted a monthly radio show on family law issues to educate the public on family law topics.
Practice areasFamily law
Alimony & spousal support, Child support, Custody & visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Paternity, Prenuptial agreements, Marital property, Same sex family law
- 100% Family law
First Admitted: 1995, Minnesota
Professional Webpage: http://www.ssdpa.com/Attorneys/Deanne-L-Dulas.shtml
- Girl Scout Leader and volunteer
- Volunteer Member of Board of Directors
- Who's Who in Family Law, Minnesota Law and Politics Magazine
- , National Association of Distinguished Counsel, Fellow, National Association of Distringuished Counsel
- Minnesota Rising Star, Minnesota Law and Politics Magazine, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2004, 2005, and 2006
- Sheridan & Dulas, P.A. has been ranked in U.S. News -Best Lawyers, "Best Law Firms" for the years 2010, 2011-2012, 2013 & 2014, 2015 and 2016, Ranked among Tier 1 Law Firms, U.S. News
- University of Minnesota, Minnesota, Bachelor of Arts, summa cum laude, with Honors , 1992
- University of Minnesota Law School, Juris Doctorate, Cum Laude, 1995
- Presenter, Minnesota Child Support Law, Legal Assistance Of Dakota County, 2009
- Legal Ethics, Presenter, Minnesota Family Support And Recovery Council, 2016
- Legal Ethics, Presenter, Office Of Lawyers Professional Responsiblity, 2016
- Discussion of the use and requirements of Prenuptial Agreements, Presenter, Prenuptial Agreements, 2015
- Ethics FAQs, Presenter, Ethics FAQs: Answers to Frequently Encountered Ethics Questions, Minnesota State Bar Association, 2015
- Chair, Minnesota Women Lawyers, Judicial Election Commitee, 2010
- Co-chair, Minnesota Women Lawyers Judicial Elections Committee
- Former, First District Ethics Committee, Member
- Member, Dakota County Bar Association
- Chair, First District Ethics Committee 2014-2020
- U.S. District Court District of Minnesota, 1996
- Member, First District Bar Association
- Former Member, Minnesota Women Lawyers Judicial Elections Committee
- Member, Minnesota State Bar Association
- Minnesota, 1995
- U.S. Court of Appeals 8th Circuit, 1996
- Legal Assistance of Dakota County, Board of Directors and Five-Time Past President
Office location for DeAnne L. Dulas
1380 Corporate Center Curve
Eagan, MN 55121
- Rising Stars: 1998 - 1999, 2001, 2005 - 2006