Troy F. Tatting
Top Rated Class Action & Mass Torts Attorney in Eagan, MN
Selected to Rising Stars: 2013, 2015 - 2018
- Free Consultation
Troy F. Tatting is the managing partner of the mass tort department at ASK LLP. With more than 15 years of experience, Mr. Tatting serves clients from the firm’s Minneapolis location. His legal practice covers a wide range of practice areas, including personal injury, general bankruptcy, business and complex litigation, mass torts, product liability, employment law, class actions, consumer protection and commercial advising.
A 2001 Bachelor of Arts graduate of the University of Minnesota Twin Cities – College of Liberal Arts, Mr. Tatting earned his Juris Doctor magna cum laude from the Quinnipiac University School of Law in 2005. During law school, he served as a student law clerk for Judge William I. Garfinkel in the U.S. District Court for the District of Connecticut. He also prosecuted cases as a law student at the Appellate Unit of the Connecticut State’s Attorney Office.
Licensed to practice in Minnesota since 2006, Mr. Tatting is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Western and Eastern Districts of Missouri, U.S. District Court for Eastern District of Wisconsin, U.S. District Court for the Middle District of North Carolina, U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Arkansas, U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 3rd Circuit.
In light of his professionalism and commitment, Mr. Tatting was selected for inclusion in North Star Lawyers by the Minnesota State Bar Association. He has received many favorable outcomes for individuals, employees, Fortune 500 companies and other businesses, and has represented cases that proceeded to the U.S. Supreme Court. He has secured several multimillion-dollar settlements in personal injury and discrimination cases.
Mr. Tatting holds memberships in the American Bar Association, the American Association for Justice, Ramsey County Bar Association, Minnesota State Bar Association, Minnesota Association for Justice and Hennepin County Bar Association. He frequently volunteers to provide services to those in need through the help of nonprofits such as Dakota Woodlands and Tubman. He also served as an adjunct professor at the University of St. Thomas School of Law.
Class Actions, Toxic Torts, Medical Devices, Pharmaceutical, Bankruptcy Law, Employment Law - Employee, Personal Injury - Plaintiff
- Super Lawyers: 2021 - 2022
- Rising Stars: 2013, 2015 - 2018
About Troy F. Tatting
First Admitted: 2006, Minnesota
Professional Webpage: https://askllp.com/troy-tatting/
- University of Minnesota College of Liberal Arts, B.A. in Political Science and Minor in Sociology, 2001
- University of St. Thomas School of Law, Appellate Advocacy and Writing Course, Former Adjunct Professor
Pro bono/Community Service
- University of St. Thomas School of Law, Law Student Mentor
- Dakota Woodlands Homeless Shelter, Member, Board of Directors
- Tubman Homeless Shelter, Board of Directors
- Tubman Safety Project, Volunteer Attorney
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Missouri
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court, Minnesota
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of North Carolina
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Arkansas
- U.S. District Court, Colorado
- Ramsey County Bar Association
- Public Justice
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Minnesota Association for Justice
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
- Named as "North Star Lawyer" by the Minnesota State Bar Association for providing at least 50 hours of pro bono legal services, 2014
- Named as "Minnesota Rising Star," Super Lawyers, 2013-2018
Last Updated: 5/15/2022