Brian N. Niemczyk
Top Rated Appellate Attorney in Edina, MN
Brian N. Niemczyk is an attorney at Hellmuth & Johnson in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Mr. Niemczyk has over a decade of legal experience and focuses his practice on employment, labor, landlord and real estate litigation, as well as appellate work. He represents a wide range of clients throughout the Minneapolis-St. Paul metropolitan area.
Mr. Niemczyk develops strong relationships with his clients as he works toward meeting their legal goals. Over the years, he has been involved in many significant cases, securing successful results through settlements or verdicts.
Recognizing his legal knowledge and skill, the Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal named Mr. Niemczyk to its “Table of Experts” in 2020. He is the recipient of the Constance Bakken Fellowship Award and the Minnesota State Bar Association Labor and Employment Law Section “outstanding achievement award.”
Mr. Niemczyk contributes to his legal community in many ways. He has spoken at legal conferences and seminars and for groups such as the Minnesota Subcontractors Association and the Minnesota Multi Housing Association. He has also volunteered his time to the Minnesota Justice Foundation.
After graduating summa cum laude from the Hamline University College of Liberal Arts in 2003, Mr. Niemczyk earned his law degree from the law school, now known as Mitchell Hamline School of Law, in 2006, also graduating summa cum laude. While attending law school, he served as symposium editor of the law review.
Following law school, Mr. Niemczyk passed the Minnesota bar examination and obtained his license to practice law before all Minnesota state courts. Additionally, he is qualified to appear before the U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota.
About Brian N. Niemczyk
First Admitted: 2006, Minnesota
Professional Webpage: https://hjlawfirm.com/minneapolis-attorneys/brian-n-niemczyk...
- Minnesota Super Lawyers Rising Star® – 2012-2021
- Received the Constance Bakken Fellowship Award, 2005-2006
- Received the Minnesota State Bar Association Labor and Employment Law Outstanding Achievement Award in 2006
Pro bono/Community Service
- Volunteer, Minnesota Justice Foundation
- Volunteer, Public Defender’s Office for the First Judicial District
- Speaker, Minnesota Multi Housing Association
- Presenter, Various employment law-related topics for small businesses
- Presenter, Various eviction-related topics for landlords
- Presenter, How Not to Get Sued
- Presenter, Legal & Business Issues Affecting Contractors 2012-2020
- Served as Symposium Editor of the Hamline Law Review and published an article entitled “Baker v. Nelson Revisited: Is Same-Sex Marriage Coming to Minnesota?” 28 Hamline L. Rev. 425 (2005)
- Hamline University College of Liberal Arts, B.A., summa cum laude, 2003
- Minnesota State Courts
- U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota
- Minnesota Multi-Housing Association
Last Updated: 7/19/2022