Christopher R. Jones
Top rated Construction Litigation attorney in Edina, MinnesotaHellmuth & Johnson
Christopher R. Jones is a construction litigation attorney who has been serving clients in and around Minneapolis through Hellmuth & Johnson in Edina, Minnesota, for the past 17 years. He joined the firm as an associate and was later named a partner. Representing a wide range of clientele, including contractors, property owners, business owners, subcontractors and suppliers. He promptly assists them in several matters regarding construction defect disputes, mechanic’s liens, real estate, insurance coverage and other commercial disputes.
Prior to earning his law degree, Mr. Jones received his bachelor’s degree in criminal justice studies from the University of North Dakota. Later in 1999, he obtained his Doctor of Jurisprudence with distinction from the University of North Dakota School of Law.
Equally representing both buyers and sellers in sales misrepresentation issues, Mr. Jones strives to reduce inherent tension among parties in these cases. He understands that several processes can be challenging to his clients and diligently works to keep them updated and informed throughout each step in the case.
Mr. Jones works closely with construction industry clients and works in an efficient manner to resolve disputes. He also provides his service to the clients in drafting and reviewing various contracts to avoid further issues in the future and helps them in establishing procedures to handle disputes in a logical and time-efficient manner. He also assists people whose houses suffered water damage and water intrusion and has been successful in claiming monetary recoveries for repairing the house on behalf of his clients.
The author of the article, “An Agent’s Guide-Understanding Real Estate Disclosure Laws,” Mr. Jones also frequently appears as a speaker at several seminars related to sale disclosure and imparts his knowledge to real estate agents and helps them understand and grasp the laws in a better manner. He is currently the chair of The National Association of the Remodeling Industry’s Education Committee and was previously a member of the board of directors.
Practice areasConstruction Litigation: Business, Real Estate: Business
- 80% Construction Litigation: Business
- 20% Real Estate: Business
First Admitted: 1999, Minnesota
Professional Webpage: https://hjlawfirm.com/minneapolis-attorneys/christopher-r-jo...
- Served a four-year term on the Board of Directors (including one year as President for the National Association of the Remodeling Industry, Minnesota Chapter (NARI-MN). Current chair of the Program & Education Committee.
- Elected in November 2016 to the Board of Directors of the Community Associations Institute – Minnesota Chapter (CAI-MN), serving as President in 2020.
- Served as a commissioner (2009-2018) on the Planning Commission for the City of Savage and is also a past Board member and President of The Pointe Homeowners Association in Savage, Minn.
- Top Terms & Clauses in Construction Contracts and Subcontracts, NARI National webinar, 2021
- Author of the article “An Agent’s Guide – Understanding Real Estate Disclosure Laws”.
- State and Federal Trial Courts of Minnesota
- Member of the Hennepin County and Minnesota State Bar Associations
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- State and Federal Trial Courts of North Dakota
- University of North Dakota, B.S., 1996
Office location for Christopher R. Jones
8050 West 78th Street
Edina, MN 55439
- Super Lawyers: 2022 - 2024
- Rising Stars: 2008 - 2010, 2012 - 2014