D. Clay Taylor
Top rated Franchise & Dealership attorney in Edina, MinnesotaThe Law Office of D. Clay Taylor
D. Clay Taylor is an attorney and the president of The Office of Clay Taylor located in Edina, Minnesota. He concentrates his practice on matters involving franchise and dealership and sales representation. Serving clients throughout the state of Minnesota, he has represented independent sales agents, dealers, distributors, brokers and franchise clients. A large portion of Mr. Taylor's practice involves estate and probate litigation, with vast experience representing trustees, administrators and personal representatives, accused of breach of fiduciary duty.
Mr. Taylor regularly provides counsel to independent sales representative trade associations as well. He serves as a zealous and tireless advocate for his clients’ rights and liberties. He ensures his clients are kept informed of the entire legal process and explains legal jargon in comprehensible terms.
With a Bachelor of Arts degree in history, Mr. Taylor graduated from Carleton College in Northfield, Minnesota. Clay attended the Emory University School of Law and earned his Juris Doctor in 1989. While in law school, he was a member of the Moot Court Society and the Moot Court Society Special Teams (ABA National Competition Team). In his third year, Clay was a part of the Emory University School of Law Teaching Fellowship in legal research and writing. He was also the recipient of the American Jurisprudence Award in law school. He is licensed to practice in the states of Minnesota and Wisconsin.
Mr. Taylor is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota, the U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado, the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Wisconsin, the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin, the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan, and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 8th Circuit.
Active in the legal community, Mr. Taylor is an enthusiastic member of the Minnesota State Bar Association and for several years was on the Civil Litigation Section Governing Council. For over a decade, Clay has served as an adjunct professor at the William Mitchell College of Law. He was a former member of the Minnesota State Supreme Court’s Civil Justice Advisory Task Force. He has also volunteered much of his time to those who need it the most and served as a faculty member of the National Institute for Trial Advocacy.
Practice areasFranchise/Dealership, Estate & Trust Litigation, General Litigation
- 50% Franchise/Dealership
- 40% Estate & Trust Litigation
- 10% General Litigation
First Admitted: 1989, Minnesota
Professional Webpage: http://replawyer.com/about-us/
- Carleton College, Northfield, MN: BA History, 1981
- Teaching Fellow-Legal Writing / Advocacy, Emory Law School, 1988
- AmJur Award-Remedies, Emory Law School, 1989
- Moot Court Special Teams ABA National Team, Emory Law School, 1988
- William Mitchell Law School-Adjunct Faculty / Advocacy, 2008
- Minnesota Supreme Court Civil Litigation Reform Task Force, 2010
- MSBA Civil Litigation Section Governing Council, 2006
- NITA-Faculty Trial Advocacy, 2008
- www.replawyer.com, 2014
- Discussion of general legal topics germane to the business of independent commissioned wholesale sales representatives and brokers., Speaker, Five Things Every Independent Sales Representative Should Know About the Law., MAFSI, Commissioned Sales Representatives, 2018
- Recommended national counsel for Manufacturers Agents for the Food Service Industry (MAFSI)., 2018
- Member Attorney's Forum Manufacturers Agents National Association (MANA)., 2018
- National recommended counsel for Manufacturers Representative's Assocation (MRA)., 2022
- Board of Directors for Non-Profit, NextStage., 2020
Office location for D. Clay Taylor
7300 Metro Boulevard
Edina, MN 55439
- Super Lawyers: 1999 - 2001, 2003 - 2006