Heather A. Chakirov
Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Edina, MN
- Free Consultation
- Virtual Appointments
Attorney Heather A. Chakirov is a partner with Randen, Chakirov & Grotkin LLC law firm in Edina, Minnesota. A highly rated attorney with more than ten years of legal experience, Ms. Chakirov provides exceptional representation and support to clients throughout the greater Twin Cities metro region and beyond who have legal needs involving any of the following:
- Family law and divorce
- Estate planning
As an attorney, Ms. Chakirov has proven herself a devoted and compassionate advocate for her clients during what is usually a very difficult and uncertain time in their lives. Personable and responsive, she delivers individualized counsel to all she serves to help them make the best-informed decisions on the matters that will affect them and their families for years to come, and she has gained a reputation for her attention to detail and ability to devise customized strategies and solutions tailored to their specific needs and goals.
In her family law practice, Ms. Chakirov prefers to help her clients resolve their conflicts and reach favorable agreements without the need for expensive, time-consuming and contentious court battles. However, she will not hesitate to take her clients' matters to court when necessary. Equally effective in her estate planning practice, she has assisted numerous individuals and families with making the tough decisions regarding their future needs while helping them to create lasting legacies for their heirs and loved ones.
Honored for her professionalism and service, Ms. Chakirov has earned many top rankings and endorsements from her peers, including on Avvo. A selfless professional, she has volunteered her time and services, including through her involvement with the Twin Cities Men's Center Family Law Clinic, MSBA High School Mock Trial Program, and Volunteer Lawyers Network.
A summa cum laude graduate of the University of Minnesota, Twin Cities, Ms. Chakirov obtained her Juris Doctor cum laude from William Mitchell College of Law (now Mitchell Hamline School of Law) in 2011. While there, she received recognition for exceeding the expected hours of public service as well as the CALI award for her excellent academic achievements in her medical malpractice course.
Ms. Chakirov is an active member of the Minnesota State Bar Association's Probate/Trust and Family Law Sections, the Carver County Bar Association, the Mental Health/Family Law Alliance Consult Group and the Family Law League, among her other professional affiliations. She is also proficient in Russian.
About Heather A. Chakirov
First Admitted: 2011, Minnesota
Professional Webpage: https://www.rcglawoffice.com/heather
- Panel member, CLI Best Practices for Drafting Decrees, The Nuts and Bolts of Drafting Good Agreements, 2014
- , Named a Rising Star by Super Lawyers magazine in 2020
- Cali Award recipient, Medical Malpractice course
- Exceeded Expected Hours Public Service, William Mitchell College of Law
Pro bono/Community Service
- Volunteer, Twin Cities Men's Center Family Law Clinic
- Volunteer Judge, MSBA High School Mock Trial Program
- Board Member, Jonathan Association Board of Directors
- Family Law Clinic Volunteer, Volunteer Lawyers Network (past volunteer position)
- Volunteer Child Support Facilitator, Hennepin County District Court Self-Help Center (past volunteer position)
- Volunteer Legislative Policy Intern, Minnesota Coalition for Battered Women (past volunteer position)
- Russian-speaking Outreach Visitor, Jewish Children and Family Services (past volunteer position)
- University of Minnesota, Twin Cities, Major, Political Science, Minor, Russian Language and Literature, B.A., Summa Cum Laude with High Distinction
- Carver County Bar Association
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Probate/Trust and Family Law sections
- Minnesota, 2011
Last Updated: 5/15/2022