Michael Hall, III
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Edina, MN
Selected to Rising Stars: 2012 - 2013
- Free Consultation
Michael has received statewide recognition as a result of having secured multiple precedent-setting damages recoveries. His $10.5 million dollar verdict, obtained in March 2011 and reported in the Minneapolis StarTribune and the St. Cloud Times, is the largest jury verdict ever recorded in Stearns County Minnesota (Minnesota’s Seventh Judicial District - St. Cloud, MN). Further, Michael is the trial lawyer responsible for the top two auto-accident RFN verdicts in Minnesota history. Michael’s $798,000.00 verdict, obtained in August 2012, set a state-wide record as the largest auto-accident RFN verdict in Minnesota. The landmark verdict, obtained in Minnesota's 10th Judicial District, set a high-water mark for future damages in such cases. In February 2015 Michael did it again, setting a new state-wide record with a verdict of $865,660.00 in an auto-accident RFN case.
Highly regarded by his clients and peers, Mr. Hall has been named a "Top 100 Lawyer" by the American Society of Legal Advocates. He has been named to the Nations Top One Percent by the National Association of Distinguished Counsel. He holds a "Superb" rating from Avvo.com and has received Martindale-Hubbell's Preeminent Client Distinction Award, an honor reserved for less than 1% of all lawyers in the national Martindale-Hubbell directory. A member of the board of governors of the Minnesota Association for Justice, Michael is also a member of the Association's Executive Committee.
At Hall Law, P.A., in Edina, Minnesota, Michael Hall III focuses his civil litigation practice on helping people who have been harmed by the wrongdoing of others. His work typically includes such matters as personal injury, product liability, sexual abuse and privacy rights. He serves clients in the Minneapolis-St. Paul metropolitan area, St. Cloud, and throughout the state.
After receiving his Bachelor of Science in economics from the University of Chicago, Mr. Hall earned his Juris Doctor from the University of San Diego School of Law. Admitted to practice in Minnesota and California, he is also admitted to practice before the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Minnesota, the U.S. District Courts for the District of Minnesota and the Southern District of California, and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit.*Please see our firm website for important disclaimer information regarding verdicts, settlements and case results.
*AV Preeminent and BV Distinguished are certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell ratings fall into two categories: legal ability and general ethical standards.
- 80%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 20%Personal Injury - Products: Plaintiff
Animal Bites, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Wrongful Death, Construction Accident, Brain Injury, Sexual Abuse - Plaintiff, Trucking Accidents, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Motor Vehicle Defects, Medical Devices
- Super Lawyers: 2014 - 2022
- Rising Stars: 2012 - 2013
- President's Page - Try Your Case (2020) - “Counsel, you may call your first witness…”For me, these words from the judge, which presage the openingof evidence in a civil jury trial, unleash an exhilarating rush ofadrenaline coupled with a palpable feeling of anxiety. It is in themoments that follow these words that our system of trial by jury trulycomes alive and shows its power. It is in these moments that a triallawyer has no choice but to loosen his or her tightly held grip on thenarrative of the trial, and hand over partial control of that narrativeto witnesses whose testimony on the stand can be unpredictable andunvarnished. It is in these moments that our grand theories aboutour case are put to the hard test of a jury’s scrutiny. When a humanbeing gives live testimony before a jury there can be a franknessand a truth revealed that stands stark and naked, unclothed by thetrial lawyer’s efforts to frame the narrative one way or another. Theseunpredictable moments in which a witness lays bare the truth ofyour case can produce results that run the spectrum of unexpected,ranging from disheartening revelations, that suggest your case wasnot quite as grand as you had conceived… to powerful, and awe inspiringglimpses into the true virtue of your case.
About Michael Hall, III
First Admitted: 1998, California
Professional Webpage: https://www.hallinjurylaw.com/team-members/michael-hall-iii/
Pro bono/Community Service
- Past Volunteer Attorney for Linea Legal Latina, providing legal advice to Spanish Speaking individuals in the Minneapolis Area
- President of the Minnesota Association for Justice
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California
- Past Member, John E. Simonett Chapter of the American Inns of Court
- Senate Committee on the Judiciary
- Federal District Court for the District of Minnesota
- Legislative Committee, Minnesota Association for Justice
- Board of Governors, Minnesota Association for Justice
- Stearns/Benton Bar Association
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- Civil Jury Instruction Review Committee
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Past Chair, Legislative Committee for the Minnesota Association for Justice
- As a plaintiffs' lawyer, Michael represents individuals who have been harmed as a result of the wrongdoing of others. His clients are the people who've been injured by the negligence and/or wrongdoing of others.
- Michael has been named one of the Top 100 Litigation Lawyers in the state of Minnesota. This is a distinction conferred by the American Society of Legal Advocates. Selection to the Top 100 is based on measures of demonstrated legal achievement. , Top 100 Litigation Lawyers - Minnesota, American Society of Legal Advocates
- Peer rated for highest level of professional excellence., AV Preeminent, Martindale-Hubbell, 2017
- Michael is a multi-year recipient of the Martindale-Hubbell Client Distinction Award. This honor is reserved for less than 1% of the more than 900,000 lawyers listed in the Martindale-Hubbell directory, and is based on measures of communications ability, responsiveness, quality of service, and value., Client Distinction Award, Martindale- Hubbell
- Michael has been named to the Nations Top One Percent, a distinction provided by the National Association of Distinguished Counsel. , Nations Top One Percent, National Association of Distinguished Counsel
- Presenter on the topic of Reallocation, CLE
- Instructor, Practice of Personal Injury Law
- University of Chicago, B.S. in Economics, 1995
- $2.3 Million dollar jury verdict. On November 9, 2018, Michael Hall, III secured a $2.3 million dollar jury verdict on behalf of a local Minnesota man who suffered a spine injury when a farm implement collapsed as a result of a malfunction. Michael's trial team included: firm founder, Mike Hall Sr.; associate trial lawyer, Anju Suresh; personal injury paralegal, Jessica Hoffman; and lead counsel, Michael Hall, III. The two-week jury trial was held in the Stearns County Courthouse in downtown St. Cloud, Minnesota. Pre-trial offers from the insurance companies amounted to a tiny fraction of the damages eventually found by the jury. , 2018
- $4,000,000.00 Jury Verdict. Michael's $4,000,000.00 jury verdict obtained in Minneapolis in August 2017 has been recognized by peers as one of the more impressive victories for victims of childhood sexual abuse. The verdict highlighted the reality that a perpetrator of abuse is legally liable for all of the harms he has caused to his victims. , 2017
- $865,660.00 Jury Verdict. On February 2, 2015, Michael Hall, III set new state benchmark for RFN cases, securing a verdict of $865,660.00 in a neck and low back auto-injury case. This verdict, obtained in the Hennepin County Government Center in downtown Minneapolis, has been recognized by peers in the legal community as having again raised the bar in such cases. , 2015
- Michael’s $798,000.00 verdict, obtained in August 2012 in Stillwater, Minnesota, has been recognized as one of the largest whiplash injury verdicts in Minnesota state history. , 2012
- $10.5 Million Dollar Jury Verdict. Michael Hall III’s $10.5 million dollar verdict, obtained in March 2011 and reported in the Minneapolis Star Tribune and the St. Cloud Times, is the largest jury verdict ever recorded in Stearns County Minnesota (Minnesota’s Seventh Judicial District - St. Cloud, MN)., 2011
- $300,000.00 – School head-injury settlement
- $300,000.00 – Ladder accident settlement
- In addition to the listed verdicts and settlements, Michael has also made an impact with verdicts in cases involving the protection of fundamental human rights. In November 2011, Mr. Hall served as lead trial counsel in a Hennepin County case involving the privacy rights two young women. Both young women had their privacy violated via highly offensive conduct committed by their employer. At issue in the case was whether or not young women such as Mr. Hall's clients could expect to have their privacy rights respected, and whether an employer who blatantly violated those rights would be held accountable. The verdict, which was reported in the local news media, was decidedly in favor of Mr. Hall's two clients, and included a punitive damages finding against the violator. The verdict sent a message to would be violators, letting them know that the people in our community value the right to privacy and those who intentionally disregard this right will be held accountable. *Please see the disclaimer section of our website's homepage for important information relating to firm results.
- $595,000.00 – Foot injury judgment
- $4,000,000.00 – Sex abuse judgment
Last Updated: 5/15/2022