Paul S. Hopewell
Top rated personal injury attorney in Edina, MinnesotaLilleberg & Hopewell, PLLC
Attorney Paul S. Hopewell is a founding partner of Lillebergy & Hopewell in Edina, Minnesota. Mr. Hopewell focuses his practice primarily on personal injury defense, and handles insurance coverage and civil litigation defense matters as well. He represents clients in Edina and throughout Minnesota.
Mr. Hopewell has over 20 years of legal experience. Over the course of his career, he has litigated numerous civil liability and coverage-related insurance claims, and advised clients, including employers, insurers and other businesses. He has experience with issues involving automobile accidents, bad faith insurance claims, commercial transportation accidents, fraud and homeowners insurance.
In addition to running his private practice, Mr. Hopewell is a lead member of an emergency response team for commercial transportation. As part of this team, he works with employees, insurance adjusters, engineers and others involved in investigating the immediate aftermath of serious accidents.
Martindale-Hubbell awarded Mr. Hopewell an AV Preeminent* peer review rating. This is the highest possible rating from the organization, given to attorneys possessing high ethical standards and legal capabilities.
An active participant in various professional organizations, Mr. Hopewell is a member of the Defense Research Institute, the Minnesota Defense Lawyers Association and the Minnesota Trucking Association. He has delivered lectures for various professional organizations on topics, including motorist claims, bad faith claims and fraud.
Mr. Hopewell earned a bachelor’s degree from the University of Minnesota and received his law degree from William Mitchell College of Law, now known as Mitchell Hamline School of Law, in 1996. He is qualified to appear before all Minnesota state courts.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasPersonal injury - general: defense, Civil litigation: defense, Insurance coverage
Motor vehicle accidents, Slip and fall, Wrongful death, Dram shop laws, Trucking accidents, Personal injury - defense, Insurance defense
- 60% Personal injury - general: defense
- 20% Civil litigation: defense
- 20% Insurance coverage
First Admitted: 1996, Minnesota
Professional Webpage: https://www.lilleberg-hopewell.com/our-team/paul-hopewell/
- Four-year letter winner and two-year starter for the University of Minnesota Golden Gophers (1988-1991)
- Previous coaching and volunteer work for the Eagan Athletic Association
- University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, B.A. Degree, June 1993
- Member, Minnesota Trucking Association
- AV Rated Attorney according to Martindale-Hubbell, which is the highest possible rating. Previous "Super Lawyer" and "Rising Star" selections, Minnesota Law & Politics
- Joseph Garcia v. Diamond Lake 1994, LLC, d/b/a Cub Foods. Ramsey County: 27-CV-16-17445. Trip and fall incident. Jury found no negligence on the part of Defendant Diamond Lake, 2018
- Susan London v. Diamond Lake 1994 LLC d/b/a Cub Foods. 27-CV-18-20388 Hennepin County. Plaintiff tripped and fell on the premises of Defendant Diamond Lake 1994, LLC, d/b/a Cub Foods and alleged injuries and damages. The jury found Defendant was not negligent., 2020
- Dustin Campion v. Matthew, Roger and Wendy Grim, Hennepin County Case: 27-CV-2016-004854. Defense verdict on June 21, 2017 for herniated disc, protruding disc and general emotional distress claims. Net verdict was $5,000. Last demand was $117,500 and last offer was $15,000, 2017
- Defense Research Institute
- Minnesota Defense Lawyers Association
Office location for Paul S. Hopewell
5200 Wilson Rd
Edina Executive Plaza, Suite 325
Edina, MN 55424
- Super Lawyers: 2010 - 2012, 2020 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2001, 2004 - 2006